Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 27, 2012

50-Tea-ith Birthday Par-tea Invites

     Recently I threw myself a 50-tea-ith  birthday party.  The fun part of the party for me was in the planning and creation.  Well, I did have lots of fun at the party too.  All my wonderful friends and family came.

   I started by planning my birthday invites and sending them out.  They set the style for the entire party.

   Since my children keep informing me that I'm now vintage.  I went with a vintage themed tea card.  As you can see lots of layers, faux stitching, die cuts and handmade paper flowers.  I do need to take a moment and than my friend Dede who gave me the beautiful Cheery Lynn flower dies.  See is one of the sweetest and most generous crafters I know.  The teapot die cut was made using a polka dot paper and then being me and not being able to resist, I added liquid pearls to all the dots for more bling and texture.

     I used the negative of the teapot die to create a little interest on the inside of my card.  The information for the party was printed in matching ink on the computer.

     I saved one invitation to frame in my craft area.  I was so pleased with how these came out.  This certainly was a birthday I am going to want to remember.




5 comments:

  1. AWESOME cheerful invites! They look great on the outside and inside and what a great idea to have tea party for your 50th B'day ( hehe I did the same last may) Glad to hear it was a succes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 50-tea-ith!!! Love the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne, I absolutely love this. How awesome and I couldn't be there I am so sad. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wish I could come. :) I love them. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete