Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Country Wedding

     My lovely sweet niece is getting married to her wonderful beau in October and she asked me to create her wedding invitations.  Her theme is Sunflowers and she is having a absolutely wonderful outdoor wedding.

     This is the invitation and envelope we came up with


  Her colors are Sunflower Gold, Brown and Plum.  The Sunflower on the invitation was embossed in sepia ink then colored in using the gamsol magic technique. It was then layered with a piece of vellum which was printed on the computer.  The background is sunflower matted with brown card stock.  The finishing touch was a bit of plum satin ribbon woven through the top of the card.  And what is a invitation without a beautiful envelope?  The envelope was stamped with a water color type stamp using the same sepia ink.

      The response card was very simple. First the information was printed on a piece of cream card stock and then the same sunflower from the invitation was stamped in Straw Distress Ink.  Finally we matted it with plum card stock.  A matching envelope was stamped for the response card also.


Here's a pic of the entire invitation set


     I think my niece is going to be very pleased with out these turned out.  I really enjoy making wedding invitations.  I like starting off a new life as a couple with something special and when it's for someone as wonderful as my niece, it's extra special.

Stamps - Sunflower - Local King Rubber Stamp
                Sunflower Border - PSX
               Watercolor Sunflower - Hellow Sunshine - Penny Black
Bazzil - Cardstock
Offray Ribbon
Distress Inks  - Old Paper - Straw - Vintage Photo
Versafine - Sepia
Stampendous - Clear Embossing Powder
Prisma Pencils and OMS

3 comments:

  1. I definitely think your neice will be pleased. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. I am sure you niece will be thrilled with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gracious they are beautiful. Wow, how awesome. I love love love them hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete