Blogger Layouts

Friday, September 28, 2012

Tea Party Favors

I found a wonderful party favor idea on pinterest to create your own teabags.  I went for it since it was the perfect favor for this party.

Now when I started planning this party, I had money for decorations and favors and things.  When it came time to make them, unfortunately the money wasn't there.  We had two major van repairs so..... I changed to color theme and decorations and used stuff leftover from my wedding and upcycled a few things.

The colors went from vintage aqua, pink and yellow to hydrangea pink, blue and green.  I found the most wonderful wrapping paper to match this theme and used it to create my teabags.  It was so simple too, cut, fold and glue.  The staples were colored to match and a little doily tag was added using a punch.  They looked very pretty as part of the table decor.


The teabags are filled with loose tea.  You cannot dip them in water but you can open them and make your cup of tea using the loose leaves.

I saved a few of these to share with some of my internet tea friends.  

Punch Studio wrapping paper
Crochet thread
Martha Stewart Doily Punch
Staples 
Loose Tea



4 comments: