Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An Old Fashioned Halloween

    Hello, today I wanted to share my old fashioned Halloween  card.  I tried something that is very trendy right now but new for me, stamping on a text page.  I have a wonderful stamp of a clapboard house with a carved pumpkin that I have had for a couple years and never used.  (You stampers know how that goes.)  I decided to see what it would look like on an old book page.  Well I decided that it looked pretty good, but then I wanted to see what would happen if I added some color.

I added a little color with my Prisma but not too much as I didn't want to loose the effect of the print but I also wanted to highlight the fall aspects of the card; the pumpkin and the fall leaves.  After that it was pretty easy I just started playing with papers and embellishments till I hit a look I liked. OK so it takes me a couple hours for each card, but hay, I enjoy it and that's what counts.  I have to admit it usually takes me several house for each card sometimes over a span of two days.

Well after all that build up here's the card I came up with.


     As you can tell, I did my usual loads of layers thing but this time not to much sparkle.  Just some black rhinestones on the corners and for the flower centers.  The tag and sentiment are from a Graphic 45 sheet left over from last year.

  The bow was tied on my bow maker that I made in a class.  It's based on one created by Becca at Amazing Paper Grace and they are now being sold through Our Daily Bread.  This is an amazing tool and makes tying bows soooo simple.  I'm not connected to this product in anyway, I'm just sharing an incredible tool.

So back to the card, I really wanted to use some of the bakers twine that Johnny Luv bought me so I ran it through a button but it just wasn't right so I added a little organdy ribbon and that seemed to be just what I was looking for.  At the last minute, I decided to tie a bit around the center of the card.  I really like the way it adds another different detail to this card.

As you know, I can hardly make a card anymore without doing something to the inside so here is what that looks like

Your going to be seeing a lot of Halloween over the next few weeks.  It's one of my favorite holidays, I mean candy and costumes. That's a combination I cannot resist.

Impression Obsession Stamp
Inkadinkado Sentiment Stamp
Recollections Papers
Prima flowers
Darice Rhinestones
Scrapmart Bakers Twine
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Recollections and Graphic 45 papers

2 comments: