Blogger Layouts

Monday, October 1, 2012

Bombshell Monthly Sketch Challenge

It's time for the Bombshell Monthly Sketch Challenge and this month we have a super sketch that leaves loads of room for your own creativity.


Please join us in the challenge this month for a chance to win a Bombshell stamp set of you choice.  Just attach your finished piece to the Mr. Linky thing here on the Blog Post. For a second chance to win, enter your card on the forum here.

Here's my take on this month's sketch.  Being October, I wanted to start the month out right with a Halloween theme.
I used my new sugar skulls stamp set for this card.  I wanted to kind of stay with a simple layout for this card and so I used only two colors of paper and gave it some texture by embossing the back panel using a embossing folder that echoed the flowers in the stamp.

  I couldn't resist adding the doily in the corner.  It's a leftover bit from when I created my September Bombshell Blog Hop Card.  The skulls have been outlined in Sakura glitter pen to give it some shine and the darker flower centers and orbits in the skull were darkened with stickles.

  I also used stickles on the black mats and to add some raised dots on the border.  To give the border some depth, I wove a organdy black ribbon through it.

So get busy on the sketch and see what you can come up with.  Remember, you have three chances to win, if you enter; one for the blog, one for the forum and a third chance with the prize patrol.  Who wouldn't want a set of these super fun stamps?

Bombshell Sugar Skull Stamp Set
Cheery Lynn Waltzing Matilda Doily Die
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Happy 2 Scrap Bling
Stickles Black Diamonds Glitter Glue
Sakura Glitter Pen
Offray Ribbon

3 comments: