Blogger Layouts

Friday, October 12, 2012

Creepy Kid Tag

     I wanted to do something really different for me and I think this tag is it.  I really enjoyed creating it, but it is a little creepy.
     The central image on this tag was stamped with black stazon onto glossy cardstock.  I used vintage photo distress ink to age it and distressed the edges and burned some of them and the center of the image with a cheap candle.  I also added a little white Signo pen to highlight the numbers.  Finally I added red stickles to the childrens' eyes.  The image was attached to the tag using staples I colored black with a sharpie.  I have never used staples before but liked the effect on this project.

     The tag was colored with Tim Holtz's special fall distress inks and I added a stamp of birds in flight and embossed a spider web in the corner which I then covered in rock candy stickles. Of course, all the edges were then distressed.

    I used a die cuts to create the flower and vines and added some dollar store spiders for more creepiness.
Lastly I used the stapler again to attach a black ribbon.

     I'm thinking that this will probably go to my neighbor as a Halloween Boo gift.

Manilla tag
Tim Holtz stamps
Cuttlebug spiderweb embossing folder
Cheery Lynn Vine Die
My Favorite Things Rolled Rose Die
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Offray Ribbon
Generic Staples
Signo White Pen
Red and Rock Candy Stickles
Dollar Store spiders

5 comments:

  1. Great tag! Perfect for Holloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say...those black eyes are creepy LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa those kids are creepy! This tag is really gorgeous (even with the creepy kids! lol). I love what you did with the distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that you where going for creepy but I think it came out more elegant then creepy.

    ReplyDelete