Blogger Layouts

Friday, October 5, 2012

Elegantly Spooky

     I saw a basket woven card on pinterest the other day and it looked fun.  Well it was fun.  It took me back to 1st grade and paper weaving art projects.  Somehow, it seems a little easier now than it did then.



     I know that the basket weave is hard do see from a distance but up close it is really specatcular.  Can you tell I really, really like the way this card came out?  Each strip is distressed with soot distressing ink along the edges.

     I added a Halloween tag as the focal point, well beacuse, I like to make tags.  I found that Tim Holt'z Marigold Distress Ink was a perfect match for my paper so decided to be very matchy, matchy with this and only use the orange and black.  I embossed the tag with a spider web pattern then went to town embellishing it.  The image on the card is a new stamp that reminds me of vintage postcards. I added a little witch's hat just for fun. and outlined it in stickles.

     I made the 31 embellishment out of a black bottle cap that I have had for years a punched out piece of dp and accents.  The bat was a chipboard piece that I added some glitter to and the spider on the web is a table throw.  I have a nice stash of them from the dollar store and they are a perfect size for cards.

   Before I set the tag to the card I added a black satin pleated ribbon across the back.  You cannot see to much of the pleating but it gives it some depth and texture.

   Finally I made some black roses and die cut some vines for the corner.  I added some stickles to the roses, because hey, I like glitter and sparkles.

     I really wanted something special for the inside of this card so I decided to to a pop-up.




  The pumpkins pop up when  the card is opened.  They are cut from the same paper pad I used for the front of the card.  The bat is glued to the card with a double piece of dimensional tape and the sentiment was a corner of the design paper.  I added the same vines from the front of the card to the sentiment for more elegance and continuity.

I am really going to have a hard time letting go of this card.  It's one that is fast becoming one of my all time favorites.

Design Paper - Recollections Midnight Magic Paper
31 circle from Pebbles, Inc Tricks and Treats Paper
Stamp - Halloween Greeting from Prickly Pear
Black Georgia Pacific Cardstock
Cheery Lynn Vines Die
My Favorite Things Rolled Rose Large Die
Spellbinders - Pumpkins Nestabilities
Martha Stewart - Brad
Stickles - Black Diamond
Ink - Dim Holtz Soot Distress Ink
Offray - Black Organdy Ribbon (love organdy ribbon)
Cuttlebug Spiderweb Embossing Folder
Martha Stewart - Black Glitter
3M foam tape
Bottlecap and Bat from stash
Spider - Dollar Store
 

4 comments:

  1. What a awesome card Mary-Anne! I love the basket weaving you did ( it is visible!) and love it that it pops up when you open the card.The swirls are also very nice matching with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. When your pic is enlarged, the weaving shows up very well. Love your colors and all the embellies, and the inside is spook-tac-u-lar! Really a beautifully done card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I can't believe you basket weaved the front of this card... Awesome!! This card is beautiful, and I love the pop up elements on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The in side is so elegant. I like the weaving on the front. It makes me think of hand painted tiles.

    ReplyDelete