Blogger Layouts

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Lantern

     As you can probably tell by now, Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays for creative inspiration.  Today, I have another spooky little something, a candle lantern.  I actually use an electric candle to keep it safe since my project is made of wood and paper.


      I'm kinda liking this photo even though it is a little blurry. It looks appropriately spooky for Halloween. It wasn't easy taking a photo in my bathroom.  It was the only room without it's own light source and I take my photos in the morning for best light. 

     Here is what it looks like with the lights on.

 I purchased this as a plain wooden box at Michael's last year after Halloween.  I know, you can all say it with me now "Never buy anything for regular price".  First thing I made a pattern for the face.  Then I painted the entire thing black, next up add the papers and distress.  Finally add some embellishments and a ribbon.  I almost forgot.  I papered the back and sides of the interior of the box so it looks neat when its lite up.

Sides and back are a little different.  The back has matching black spider paper, but I used a punch of a skull for the embellishment.  I liked the drippy goo border across the top but not on the front,  it looked to much like bad hair. lol.



The sides are similar to the back but in a reverse color pattern.


I have a few more of these boxes that I'm going to doll up for gifts for the neighbors.  Oh, by the way, when I add the battery tea-lite I always put a little bit of scrap paper around the it so it looks nice when you spy it through the openings.

Happy Halloween, I'm counting down the days.



2 comments:

  1. These are really cool!!! Great decorations and gifts! And you're right, never buy anything at full price! (I love those after Halloween sales at Michael's.)

    ReplyDelete