Blogger Layouts

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Indian Princess

     Today is a special day.  The Bombshells are having a blog hop to celebrate two new sets of stamps, Indian Warrior and Indian Princess.  Don't you just love these vintage Indians.


  These two sets are available for pre-order right now.  If you cannot wait for the rubber sets, you can purchase the digital images now and get started creating something special right now in time for Thanksgiving.

If you just joined in on the blog hop and would like to start from the beginning just pop over here at the Bombshell Blog to get started.  If you have arrived from Glittery Kate's Blog you are on the right track.

For today's blog hop, I used the Indian Princess stamp set and a faux leather technique. Of course, I wouldn't be the sparkly engineer if I didn't add a whole lot of sparkle so I went to town with my stickles.

 I used a paper tole technique on my Princess so she has loads of layers.  She was colored with my favorite
Prisma pencils and OMS and then I added lots of sparkled to her head dress and jewelry.   Finally I popped her onto a faux leather background I created with Tim Holtz embossing folders and distress inks.

Now it's time to follow the trail on over to Allison's 21st Century Pillow Book and see the beautiful  pendant she is creating.

Bombshell Indian Princess Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Stickles
3 M Foal Tape
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Corner bling Colorbok
White Signo Pen



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card hun, I love the background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background!!! It is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant as always Mary and I ADORE that background - how did you do it, I have that folder, but how'd you do the knock out? Pleeze share! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful Mary Anne, What a wonderful job you did. How i wish i had a printer, I would get the digi's but someday . thank you for sharing them. Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! Thank you for the sweet comments you leave on my blog. Sending you a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love how you did the leather background and your choice to use purple in her adornments is really pretty now that I see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say ... this Indian princess has the perfect faux leather setting! The technique was seemingly created for such an image! Way to go!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really neat. You did a great job coloring her and with the wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete