Blogger Layouts

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Running Bear and Little White Dove

     I am so excited, I have been keeping a secret and today I get to share it with everyone.  Bombshell Stamps has come out with not one, but two new sets. They are not like anything we have ever had to play with they are vintage American Indians.

     While I was making my card, all I could think about was the song Running Bear by Johnny Preston, I loved this song as a kid and it still tickles my fancy.  If you want to give it a listen, here's a link to a youtube version.

   So after all the build up here is my own Running Bear and Little White Dove

The card is a simple one for me since it is pretty basic.  I felt the images just didn't need to much embellishment. I tried to make it look as if the two images were on top of a deer hide and then layered some brownish leather paper behind that and then matted the entire thing with dark brown.

The embellishment is an earring from a dollar jewelry store at our local mall. I just added the heart pierced by an arrow to the top.  The feathers are from a teal duck my little brother shot and ate.  He saved the feathers for me, wish he had shared a little of the duck.

Stop by the Bombshell Stamps Blog to see some awesome cards made by the rest of the design team.  I can promise you will not be disappointed.

To get a set of  your  pop on over to the on-line shop they are available as digis today or you can pre-order the rubber sets so you can be one of the first to have these two cool new stamps sets.

Bombshell Indian Warrior Stamps
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Dollar Store Jewelry
Paper from Stash

2 comments:

  1. I love how you used the brown and tan in the back round to make the bright colors stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous. Great coloring of the beautiful images.

    I also love that you used a dollar store piece of jewelry. It's the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete