Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sparkly Halloween

   


Today is the Design Diva's monthly Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.  I am the start of the hop so you are in the right place at the right time.

I combined this month's hop with a challenge from the Bombshell Stamps Design Team.  The challenge was to make a Halloween card and bling it up.  Come on, really, seriously, me and bling and glitter are synonymous.  It's true check the dictionary under sparkly and you will see a picture of me.  My children will tell you, I bleed glitter.



Now to the card, since the Design Diva's Oldies But Goodies Hop means I have to use something on my card that has been in my stash for over 6 months.  I used a stamp I have had for years.  It comes from the Bombshell Man's Ruin set.  The glitter paper I have had for several years as well.  The Spider web die cut was used for the first time this month.  I have had it for about 3 years.  The bling was and acrylic lace were bought last year at clearance sales.  The glitter was purchased about 4 years ago and hasn't been used since last year at this time.

I must admit the spiderweb embossing folder is newish, I bought it during the summer, but I have been using it quite a bit lately.  The newest thing on this card is the Goosebumps sparkly rhinestones on the bottom.  I found them at this summer's scrapbook convention and couldn't resist, especially since they only cost a dollar.

As you can see the only thing that isn't glittered is the acrylic lace and that shines.  I even sprayed the background of for the skull with glimmer mist and went over the spider web with stickles. I think I have totally covered the blingy bit of this challenge as well.

Here's a roll call of the blog hop in case you get lost.


Mary Anne at http://sparkly-train.blogspot.com/  you are here
Linda P at http://paynehollercards.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. That is a AWESOME Halloween card!! And you made me laugh with bleeding glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you truly are a sparkly engineer! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. You really had a bunch of oldies on this one..meshed so well with the newer item. Thanks for sharing, and this was my 1st participation in the OBG hop. Hope I did it correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Mary Anne, this is fabulous!! LOVE that sparkle and I especially love the spider web embossing folder behind the skull image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Mary Anne!! So much work into this! Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! What a great Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW!!! This is AWESOME!!! LOVE the layers, diecuts and all of that gorgeous sparkle! AND LOOK AT THOSE SPIDERS!!! Eeeek!
    I know it is supposed to be spooky, but all of those layers just make it amazing :)

    So happy to be hopping through the DIVAS hop today. Hope you have a lovely day

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bleed glitter LOL
    Your card looks "rich" with all that gorgeous glitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love how sparkly and glittery this is. Yes, you must bleed glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you really are the SPARKLY ENGINEER !!

    ReplyDelete