Blogger Layouts

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Violets for You

     I love altering bottles and I found a bag full of little spice bottles at my second hand for just a few dollars. Today, I am sharing one that I made using a Just Rite stamp for a label.  The label says "Violets for You" so of course I had to make a bunch of paper violets in 4 different sizes to fill it.  I also included some glitter (you know me and sparkles) and some glass rock-beady-thingies.

     I used a color scheme for a Just Rite Challenge and really like how this came out.  This is actually my third try - third times a charm right?  The first time I tried it on the wrong paper, it was textured.  The second time I tried it with gold embossing - couldn't get the coloring right, and finally I used a cheap white card stock and black ink and was able to use my my Copics to color it.  I added tons of gold glitter glue to this piece as well as gold ink.  I also used liquid pearls to create a pearl border around the ribbons on the side of the bottle, which are hard to see from this photo.

     I haven't decided if this is going on my dresser or to my daughter in college, who coincidentally is named Violet.  Have I mentioned I collect Violet themed stamps - Hmmm I wonder why?

Just Rite Stamps Violette Vintage Labels
Copic Markers
Stickles
Liquid Pearls
Recollections Flower Bling
Martha Stewart  Hydrangea flower punches
Martha Stewart Green Glitter
glass beads
glass bottle
Stick Pin

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful bottle! thanks for visiting my blog today!
    (frugalcrafter)

    ReplyDelete