Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Koi Pool Ornament

     It's Bombshell Challenge day again and this month we have a really fun challenge going.  Since it is the holiday season, our challenge is to create an ornament.  I knew just what I wanted to do.  I have several koi ornaments on my tree and I wanted to add to my koi collection.

     

     I stamped my koi on white cardstock then masked him and stamped the ripples in the water.  My image was then colored with Prisma pencils and highlighted with my newest favorite white pen, the sharpie finpoint paint pen.  The water background actually extends to the gold mat but it is covered with stickles so it is hard to see.  

     I inserted the image into a flat round plastic ornament added adhesive rhinestoners to the outside to look like air bubbles and then added matching rhinestones around the top of the ornament and threaded it with a gold organza ribbon.


     Please remember you can join us in this challenge by creating your own ornament using a bombshell image and linking up to our blog post HERE  and you can have another chance to win by adding your ornament to the HERE on the Bombshell Forum.  The winner will receive their choice of a stamp set.  

Stickles - Ice
Prisma and Derwent Pencils and OMS
Gold Wrapping Paper
Clear Plastic Ornament
Offray Ribbon
Happy2Scrap Rhinestones
Sharpie White Finepoint Paint Pen

10 comments:

  1. That is adorable, it looks so real, you did awesome, how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I want one! lol. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My gracious Mary Anne, it is breathtaking, Like you I love Koi and this is exquisite. What a beautiful work of art. Sorry I couldn't get on here sooner, never know when I am going to have an internet connection hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my friend!
    What a sweet ornament. I love the swimming effect. I haven't the imagination to make something this cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning. I actually said "wow" out loud when I opened up your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beauty. Love all the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous koi ornament! I love all the sparkles and bling. Beautiful coloring on the koi fish, it looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly my brain has been addled by this !@#$% Flu bug. I would have sworn that I told you how much I love and adore this ornament.

    It's absolutely, totally gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is positively stunning. And I know that other people used that word...but it's true. It really s. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete