Blogger Layouts

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Not a Boy's Koi


     Today, I have a fun easel card for you made using the monthly sketch from Bombshell Stamps.  This month's sketch was created by our very own Blog Captain, Kathi.  She is amazing when it comes to thinking up sketches for us every month.

1212Sketch.jpg

     Please remember, you can win a free stamp set by playing along with us.  We choose a random winner from all the entries for our challenges and we choose a second winner with our Prize Patrol.  Just use our sketch and link up on right HERE.

     I did a little something different with this month's sketch.  I turned it into an easel card.



         I used the Koi Tattoo stamp set for this wonderful fish and the rose from the Wild  Horses stamp set.
I wanted a background paper to match the flowers in the koi image but didn't have one I liked.  So, I took a piece of hot pink paper then stamped a Japanese word stamp in black and then dry brushed white acrylic paint over that.  I added black frames with polka dots because, well, because I could and I just love polka dots.  I was thinking of using the smaller koi from the Lotus Blossom stamp set for the smaller images but I really wanted to use a different kind of image so went with the roses.  

      I used my favorite Prisma pencils and OMS to color my images.  I high lighted the image using a new white sharpie paint pen with a super fine tip.  I have to say, this is my new favorite white marker.  It doesn't seem to dry out as quick as my Signo pen and it makes a beautiful white line or dot on top of other colors and doesn't appear to fade.  (By the way, I am in no way connected to the Sharpie company, I am just very enthusiastic about their product.)  I really liked the way it worked on the waves in this image.


Don't forget to stop by the Bombshell Blog to check out the other cards made by the very talented Bombshells and to join in on the challenge.

Bombshell Stamps - Koi Tattoo and Wild Horses 
Japanese Word Stamp Unknown
Prisma and Derwent Pencils and OMS
Sharpie White Paint Marker
Cricut Plaintain Cartridge (Oval)
Generic Card Stock

1 comment:

  1. Oh so beautiful and very colorful!! Really love this!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete