Blogger Layouts

Monday, December 17, 2012

Our Lady

     Today I get to share with you one of my all time favorite stamps.  It's a beautiful stamp of the Virgin Mary.  I have never seen anything like it before and since I am named after her, it has a special meaning for me.

    I was married to my beloved Robert by Cardinal Carberry.  He was a close friend and very loved.  During his life he was very devoted to Mary and even authored a book about her.  I am dedicating this card to him.

     This design of this card is rather simple, but for some reason it just gave me fits.  I couldn't get the measurements right I made one wrong corner three times, I lost pieces after I made them, and all manner of other odd setbacks.  Once I finished it though it seemed worth it.

     I call this card Our Lady of the Snows as all the white reminded me of a local shrine by that name.  We go there every Christmas as they have a fantastic light display for the children and get this a life size lego nativity for the kids as well as camel rides. The shrine itself is gorgeous in a grotto with thousands of prayer candles.  The sense of peace and well being there is incredible.  I think I need to make that trip again soon for myself after the holidays and all the horror happening all around us lately.  I will be saying special prayers for all the families that have lost children recently.  In the meantime, my mother in law has a beautiful little grotto on her church grounds that I like to visit.

    For this card I embossed my image using Zing Glitter Embossing Powder.  It is a great product and really does give the appearance of glitter and nothing rubs off, wonderful stuff.  Of course, it's too late for this product in my home, I mean I can't even seem to serve dinner without glitter in it.  I mean what fun is food if it doesn't sparkle at you?  I wish I could catch the sparkle on film - if anyone knows a way please let me know.


I would like to close my post today with a request, if anyone knows where to find any other stamps featuring Our Lady, would you please let me know where to find them?

This card is entered into the Weekly Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs Here.  The challenge was to use the word Noel as a recipe for your card.  N- Nestabilities, O- Ovals and Our Lady, E - Embossing,  L- Layers


Our Daily Bread Designs - Blessed Virgin Stamp set
Zing Embossing Powder - Gold
Provocraft - Cuttlebug Embossing folders Asian 5 piece set
Gold wrapping paper
Recollections Rhinestones
Cheery Lynn Corner Dies
Nestabilities Ovals


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this-so elegant. I am Catholic (maybe only one of 4 in my town...lol) so the Blessed Mother has meaning to me. What an awesome creation. I feel very compelled to make a pilgrimage to the Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine to light candles for those sweet Angels lost in Connecticut. Considering I lived most of my life in Connecticut it is hard to comprehend such horror in the state of my birthplace. Thank you for showcasing this beautiful stamp. I just love it.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete