Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Reason for the Season

     Looking over my blog, I realized I have been posting a lot of tags so today I thought I would mix things up a little and post a card.

     This card is made with an Our Daily Bread Stamp Set, "Reason for the Season".  My sweet Johnny Luv bought this stamp set for me at the last stamp convention we went to in Illinois.  He was tickled pink with it and wants me to make Christmas cards for the entire family using it.  Well, I'm not sure I can manage the entire family with a card this elaborate but I may try and simply it.

     I have added a number of different paper layers matted with gold paper and used one a couple of Spellbinders die cuts to layer the main image.  The poinsettia came from a Christmas pick that was on one of last years gifts.  (I tend to save all kinds of things that may "someday" be crafted into something.)  The central image has been layered a number of times to give it a 3 dimensional look.
     Everything is colored with Prisma colored pencils using the gamsol technique.  I have also added a slight gray high light around the entire image using a uber pale gray.  It actually doesn't really show in the photo but it gives it another layer of depth.

     Because I am the "Sparkly Engineer", named such by my children because I love all things that glitter and my little choo-choo of a mind goes often jumps the track and goes wherever it wants, I had to add blingage to this card in addition to the gold.  So there is glitter on the poinsettia and rhinestones here and there in addition to some lovely gold ribbon that was a gift from a friend.

     I'm sure you will be seeing this stamp again even though I have more Christmas stamps than I can remember just because it makes Johnny Luv happy.  It always pays to keep my beloved and favorite enabler happy.

This card is entered int the following challengesw

Every Day Art Challenge Here
Paper Take Weekly Challenge Here
Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Here

This card was selected for the weekly favorites on SCS



Our Daily Bread Stamp Set - Reason for the Season
DCWV paper
Spellbinders Die cuts - Fluer de Le Motif and Labels 5
Ribbon and Flowers from Stash
Recollections Rhinestones


10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely beautiful, Awesome and wonderful . Can you tell I am impressed :) Great card Sweetie, hugs Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just gorgeous! I love your fussy cutting, such an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shadow as it makes it so three dimensional. Great coloring and so elegant as usual for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful this is!!! I love all the gold matting, and your awesome coloring... and of course we all love sparkly!!! You really rocked this stamp set too!!! Funny but I think all of us crafters love to save things that will be just that perfect touch on some card some day! Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas card...your coloring is sooo pretty and I love how you cut out the images and popped them up!! The gold details are gorgeous, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! yea, that's too much for your husband to ask, for Entire family??!! lol :-) but i'm sure whoever receives this is very lucky! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The layering adds so much dimension and your coloring is fabulous!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm always thrilled when your name pops up.

    Warmly,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful christmas card !!! Thanks for joining in our EAC challenge.
    big hugs
    Tina46

    ReplyDelete