Blogger Layouts

Friday, December 14, 2012

Vintage Love

     51 years of marriage, a marriage filled with love, friendship, trials and tribulations, suffering and joy.  That was what my parents shared.  Last year my mother transitioned and my father is soldiering on without her but it hurts to see they were so much a part of each other.  The celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and great style and all their family and friends, but their 51st was quiet and painful, mother was dying from cancer.

    I want to remember my mother as the mother who was always or almost always even tempered and filled with a love for life, a woman who's goal in life was to make everyone around her feel special.  She was a beautiful outside as she was inside but she never believed it.

    Today, I made the first scrapbook page I have worked on in a number of years.  I made a page from my parents wedding photo.  They have a few pictures, they just didn't have enough money for a professional photographer so my Aunt and her trusty camera that flashed and blinded you for three minutes took pictures for them.  I love this particular picture, my mother is the beautiful joy filled bride and the look of adoration on my dad's face says everything about their marriage.


     For this layout I started with blank cream colored paper and used a lovely Just Rite stamp to create my background, first stamping it in sepia and then distressing it with milled lavender and crushed velvet distress inks.  (Don't you just love those names?)

      Next I stamped lace borders and medallions from another set of Just Rite stamps and colored those with my newest Derwent pencils.  (I think the Derwent feel odd when I lay the color on the paper compared to the Prismas but they blend beautifully and fill in some gaps for my Prisma set.  I plan to get all of them a little at a time)  After coloring the medallions and lace I distressed them with the Victorian Velvet distress ink and add some light blue liquid pearls to accent and finally out lined them with a gold paint pen.



     Can you believe I used the same lace border set for a frame around the layout and a frame around the central photo?  They are just flipped from one side to the other.  I love the versatility of this stamp set.

     Finally I cut out a couple butterflies from some extra background paper and little sentiment and popped them onto my layout.    I amazed myself with this layout by not using any embellishments or papers that I hadn't stamped myself.  I usually am a design paper and embellishment addict.

     All the bits and bobs and pictures were layered onto chipboard to give the layout a little dimension without making it too thick for my scrapbook.

This layout has been entered into the Just Rite Friday Challenge Here

Stamps - Just Rite Fleuriste Newsprint Background Stamp
               Just Rite Lace Medallion Labels
Ink - Versafine Sepia, Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet and Milled Lavender
Liquid Pearls - pale blue
Gold Paint Pen

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you got me curious on some stuff. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love how you use all those stamps to create the background and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely layout, beautiful parents. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is EXQUISITE and your Mother was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, as is your Dad a handsome guy, who very obviously adores her! What a lovely page to commemorate such a lovely event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely ADORE how you colored these lace images! Such a lovely idea! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautifully made Mary Anne. And a great tribute to you Mom and the marriedyears of your parents. 51 years!! WOW!
    It must be so difficult for your dad after being togehter for so many years,to be on his own now.

    ReplyDelete