Blogger Layouts

Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter Wonderland

     I have a new Christmas card for you today.  I decided to use a different image this time.  I chose one of my very first House Mouse stamps.  I seem to return to this stamp over and over although I have at least a dozen different Christmas Mice.

     This is a different type of Christmas card for me.  I usually go for all the wonderfully colorful reds and greens but this time I went with winter white.  I wanted to capture the wonder of snow.  I adore snow.  I love to watch it silently fall covering the world in a blanket of purity and silence.  I love to build snowman and  greet them as I go outside each day. I truly enjoy sledding with my children.  I didn't get to sled as a child but I sure enjoy it as an adult and no one cares how silly you look and let me tell you I do look very silly.   I am always praying for and hoping for snow. I want inches and inches and feet of snow.  Unfortunately, I seldom get more than a couple inches anymore. Everyone else in the area, aside from school kids is very happy about that.  Ok so now you know about my passion snow.  I am so hoping for a white Christmas, but just in case, I have made this card to stand in for it.

     I have used two different Christmas embossing folders for this card.  One is a holly motif and one is my wonderful snowflakes.  The mice have been cut out and layered to give more depth and I added some white poinsettias from my newest Spellbinders set.  The snow around the mices' feet is made of Ice Stickles to give it that wonderful sparkle of fresh snow.

This card is entered into the House Mouse Monday Challenge Here

Stampabilities House Mouse Stamp - Wrapped and Ready
Provocraft Cuttlebug Embossing Folders Snowflakes and Holly Background
Recollections Pearls
Stickles Ice, red, blue and green
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Spellbinders Poinsettia Die
Georgia Pacific White Cardstock

14 comments:

  1. I love winter and HM so this card makes me smile and smile. You have done a wonderful job on it.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is absolutely lovely. Great dimension, fab bling and gorgeous embellies. Thanks so much for playing along with us at House-Mouse & Friends MC. Good Luck and please come back to play with us again next challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, I love it. wow, it is magnificent, Thank you for sharing it hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that just too cute. I love white on white and those mice are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Wow card with the images shining so brightly on it, a true stunner, thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this!

    I especially love all the embossing and white on white texture.

    Thanks for visiting my blog - you're always so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable!! I love this image and your gorgeous background embossing makes this so stunning and elegant!! Beautiful job and thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owww, I love all the white, makes the mice really pop off the page. Cute stamp and beautiful embossing. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge.
    Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love (and own) many house mouse xmas stamps but I find that I only use them other times of the year because when I am busy and in December I don't have time to color them! Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #82
    PS great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for visiting Mini Wonderful Things and commenting on my tag. If you don't mind, I'd like to use your double mat idea on some cards I am making. I really like the idea and the embossing makes it uber special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary Anne love this stunning white background for this sweet HM stamp..lovely embossing & layering great take on the chall.


    Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends Mon. chall this time.


    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is oh so pretty MaryAnne! Besides the wonderful snow textures, the meece a just darned cute with those bows stuck on their heads. Love the 3D too! I have a hard time thinking about getting on a sled...OH MY! LOL
    Thanks for joining in at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card with a cute image and beautiful with the embossing and glitter.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at HMFMC. Good Luck and please come play with us again for our new challenge.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete