Blogger Layouts

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wise Old Owl

     My daughter is at college and loves mail.  The mascot for her college is an owl - we call her the Woo-Woo girl.  It's also a play on her college WWU, I think she may be getting a little tired of it, but hey, I'm her mom and must by international law be an embarrass  and annoy her.   OK now that you have these details, you can understand why I have started making owl projects to send to her.   One of the bombshells sent me a wonderful tag for her and she really liked it.  I wish I had thought to take a picture of it.  But you can find a pic on Jen's StampinAngel  blog here.

     I decided to make her a tag also.  I used an owl stamp that I've had for a couple years and has never seen ink before.  It was just the right size for a stamp.  I decided to add a couple gears for eyes and it somehow took on a slight steampunk look.

     I used distress inks in my daughter Violet's favorite colors and used a signo marker to add some high lights.  I sponged a little embossing ink around the edges and added some gold for a little more detail.  The "favorite" word came from a pack of embellishments my sweet Johnny Luv bought for me.  I'll just have to make sure my youngest daughter doesn't git miffed about calling someone else the favorite.  That can be a dangerous word around our house in a happy teasing kind a way.  The springs and small gear in the corner came from some old clock parts.  I kinda thought the springs were neat and different from adding fiber.  The gears for the eyes came from a jewelry package of gears at Michael's.  Cool huh?

     I mailed this off a couple days ago so I think it's safe to post now.  If not, Violet watch your mailbox.
   

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag!! Love the background and colors!! Congratulations on winning the JustRite challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag! I love the steampunk owl.

    ReplyDelete