Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Antique Passion

     It's that time again.  Time for the monthly Bombshell Challenge and our wonderful guest designer chose "Heart Breaker" as a theme for this challenge.  Well, my hearts not broken but I do have one.  I have used one of the hearts from "All My Heart" stamp set.

     This image really appeals to my Catholic background, I'm a Sacred Heart kinda girl.  Yep, I had the uniform, the patent leather shoes, bobby socks and nun with a ruler. (I may still have the uniform - no comments from the peanut gallery please)  Sometimes I think that if we still had a few nuns with rulers society wouldn't be such a mess.  Then again there might be a lot of thugs in dark alleys with dangerous rulers preying on innocents.  Come to think of it.  I haven't seen any hard wood rulers with metal edges in a long time, were they regulated to keep us safe do you think?

    Any how after that long trip on my sparkly train.  Here is my card for the week.


     As you can see I have popped layers again but somehow I just didn't feel the sparkle on this card.  The closest I came was the gold crown and border around the heart.  The heart itself is colored using colored pencils and oms.  The gold is from a gel pen.  I was inspired by a beautiful card I saw somewhere on line this week.  It was a beautifully distressed cream with loads of layers, ornate frames and flowers.   After that description I'm sure your asking where the ornate frames and flowers went.  Maybe I'll use them next time.  I have done a few girly projects lately and this one just wanted to be what it is.  I always listen to my cards.  Which, by the way, sound just like me.  My daughter thinks I'm talking to myself but she's wrong.  I'm talking with my cards.  Whoops - sorry off on another sparkly train trip.  Guess I better let you off this ride before I take you round the bend.

     Just one more thing, if you would like a chance to win a set of Bombshell stamps, just play along with the challenge and link it up to the Bombshell Blog linky thingy HERE and for an extra chance post it in our forum HERE.

Bombshell Stamps - All My Heart
Generic Card Stock
Cuttlebug Domino Embossing Folder
Sizzix Tim Holtz Patchwork Embossing Folder
Sepia Archival Ink
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Colored  Pencils - Derwent & Prisma Color & OMS
Generic Gold Gel Pen
   

6 comments:

  1. Wow absolutely love it...hugs Anita..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photographed rather well. I love the domino border and the whole antique look. Just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that distressed cream and embossed layers - very pretty! I think I'm going to have to have that TH embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I really love this with the distressing and embossed layer!! So Vintage indeed! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! I love the soft colors you've used,the pink and the browns are such a great combination and the way you softened it goes really nice all toghether!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the embossing detail on this card. Very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete