Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside

     Today is the last Wednesday of the month so that makes it time for the Bombshell blog hop.   I look forward to this every month.  Each of the bombshells has such a different perspective that you never know what your going to see, but you will know that it will be fabulous.

     If your just joining in on the hop, you may want to go over to the Bombshell Blog to start from the beginning. If you have arrived here from Torrey's Left Field Studio you are on the right path.

     The theme of this month's hop is "Baby It's Cold Outside".  Now your thinking of Bombshell babes in snowsuits or hot tubs, but my little sparkly mind went else where.  I decided to use the Wild Horses stamp set and create a mustang in the snow.


  The first thing I did was to add some shadows and muscle tone to my mustang and then fussy cut him out.
The next step was creating a cloud background and then embossing that with the Cuttlebug dotted Swiss folder, which happens to be my all time favorite.  Next I embossed a couple of scrap papers with two different snowflake embossing folders to create my snow drifts. I layered everything together and popped my mustang.  I added some snowflake buttons and some Stickles Ice to the snowbanks.  Finally I triple mounted the scene on pale blue card stock to give it a finished look and because I can't ever do just one layer.

     This card is going off to my daughter, who is majoring in equestrian sciences at her university.  She is two hours away, but boy does that two hours make a difference.  We get a few flurries and she gets snow to her knees.  She is actually the inspiration for this card.

    The next stop on your path is Glittery Kate's where I am she has a really intriguing idea using the Bombshell Stamps.  In fact, I don't think I've seen anything like it before so be sure not to miss it.

 Bombshell Stamps - Wild Horses Stamp Set
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders - Snowflakes, Snowflakes 2, and Dotted Swiss
Making Memories Card Stock
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Buttons from Stash  
   

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! Great design as well, I love your use of the embossing folders and the snowflake buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh this is GORGEOUS !!!! Well done.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and definitely out-of-the box!

    I would never have thought to use the horse for this theme.

    He's colored beautifully and I love the white-on-white card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fits your theme perfectly! The white and blue gives it the frosty cold look and the snowflakes are the perfect embellishment. You colored your mustang just right too. So pretty with the gorgeous layering. Your daughter will love it.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card is stunning. What perfect fussy cutting. Love the snowflakes, just beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did this perfect! There is nothing more difficult for coloring with,you did a fab job on the muscle tones,the horse looks so lively!
    I am absolutely sure your daughter will LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so pretty! I love how you embossed the snow and background, and creating the horse in white was a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete