Blogger Layouts

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cardinal Spirit

     Yes, I have that cardinal spirit, but I'm not talking about a sports team.  I'm talking about Our Daily Bread's beautiful cardinal stamp.     My Johnny Luv gave me this stamp for Christmas and I just couldn't wait to use it.

     I wanted to create something that wasn't a Christmas card but still had a little bit of winter in it.  I think I found the a good balance by adding a slight hint of snow in the spruce branches and extra pine boughs around my oval frames.  I used my stamping mat and a stylus  to really give this bird dimension and backed it with foam tape so it wouldn't flatten out.

     I used some of my favorite polka dot organdy ribbon to match the polka dots I doodled around the edges of the frames and matting.  This card actually had enough polka dots to even make my heart content.  I even added polka dots to the inside of the card.


     I'm going to be sending this one to my mom's best friend.  She's a really sweet lady who has been a terrific support to me for years.  She is sweet and kind and very near to the Lord.

I have also entered this card in the Our Daily Bread Shining Light Challenge Here.

I'm honored to have been chosen for the Our Daily Bread Shining Light Award for this card



Our Daily Bread Designs - Cardinal Single
                                          Book Mark Verses
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Queen & Co. Rhinestones
Sharpie fine point white paint pen
Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities
Stickles - Red
Martha Stewart Pine Branch Punch
3 M foam tape
Offray Organdy Polka Dot Ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card ,I live the colours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is absolutely stunning Mary Anne!! Your colors, paper and embellishing are perfect with that gorgeously colored image. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa this is a beauty. I love your color combination and that fantastic bling. Well done!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your beautiful card Mary Anne, love the cardinals.

    ReplyDelete