Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 7, 2013

Don't Be Koi


OK so the title is really stretching things a bit but I just had to do it.   Today's card was made with a stamp I have had for several years and never used before.  I was just in a mood to make an Asian card and this stamp appealed to me when I was going through my Asian Binder.

I keep all my unmounted stamps in binders. I add a little Alene's Tack It Over and Over to the back and attach them to a page of acrylic or to a sheet of paper that has been laminated and tuck them in a page protector into my binders.  I have a binder for Holidays, two binders for specific brand name stamps, and a binder for Asian stamps.  I have tried different methods of storing my unmounted stamps through the years, but this method seems to be working really well for me so I am changing all my unmounted stamps over to this system.  I am about two thirds of the way through them.

I keep all my mounted stamps in plastic storage boxes by type.  Christmas, Animals, Food, People, etc....  I have two large plastic storage boxes of House Mouse stamps and need to begin a third.

Maybe someday, when the craft area is semi- tidy, I'll take a few pics so you can see my stamp storage, but for now, I am just going to share a picture of today's card.

I love how this stamp colored up, it was really a fun image to work with.  I really am finding my fine point sharpie paint pen is a wonderful addition to my Prisma pencils.   In this image you can see where I colored the clouds, snow capped mountain and highlighted the water if you click for a closer look at the picture.  I also added a bit of Sakura Clear Stardust Glitter to different areas to give it a little extra zing.

I chose two complimentary pieces of my treasured washi paper from my special washi folder and then decided I wanted to use a red mat.  I usually use black or gold with my Asian images but this time I really liked the way the red popped the washi paper.  For a more modern fun look, I added the white polka dots.  It looked much more formal without the polka dots.

I think this is a stampendous stamp, I know there were four in the set but I only purchased two of them.

Stamps - stampendous
Washi Paper and Red reptile embossed paper - Stone House Stamps
Sharpie White Paint Pen
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Sakura Glitter Pen

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and I love the red cardstock with those papers and the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this , what an awesome card and I love how you paneled it and the paper is perfect. The dots set it all off so beautifully , great job sweetie. hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous - the red cs and the washi paper - really beautiful. And your coloring is amazing! Love your organizational ideas for the unmounted stamps also! Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy New Year to you, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful. I remember seeing this on SCS the other day. The papers go so well with your scene and I love how you layered everything. Asian is very popular right now. I am dreaming of doing something with a stamp I won that is Asian. I really like the Graphic 45 Bird Song papers too. Have a happy crafty day!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have colored that wonderful image beautifully and I love the Washi paper!!! I love Asian themed designs and thanks to you, I have been inspired to get out my Asian stamps to play with tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete