Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Elegant Label


     Today's card uses a vintage perfume label from Just Rite stamps.  It is lovely and has a bouquet of violets scattered all over it.  I have used it a couple times already and have always kept the violet's purple.  I wanted to try something different today.  I was thinking of coloring the violets a pretty shade of blue, rather like forget-me-nots but inspiration led me into a different direction.

    I knew I wanted to use the label with my lace background stamp so I started by stamping the lace first in white on blue then blue on white.  I decided I liked the white on blue best and that led to the central stamped image being stamped to match.  Maybe someday, I will get around to trying it out with forget-me-nots but I really loved the blue and white theme that the card went into.  I used some Anna Griffin Paper from a clearance pad I purchase who knows how long ago and then added some white pearl flowers.



     Here's a close up of the label.



   I used the same sketch for this card as I did for yesterday's tag.  I like that I have two very different looking products and used the same label set for both creations.  I will be entering this into the same challenge in which I entered yesterday's tag.

     Just a little heads up, the pearl flowers I used were earrings I purchased from a dollar store.  I just pulled or cut off the backs using a wire cutter.  I like to check the earrings and jewelry at a local jewelry dollar store for embellishments.  The pearl flowers were on a card with 9 pair of earrings.  I kept one pair to wear and the rest went into my white embellishment drawer.  So I ended up with 1 pair of earrings and 16 pearl flowers for my cards.  That's an excellent price on embellishments in my mind.  I can often find little resin flowers on earrings right now, the kind of flowers that are very trendy as embellish now.  So, check your local dollar stores and think outside the box and remember, sharpies and alcohol inks can change the color on lots of things if they start out white, clear or plain metal.  Now - back to your regularly scheduled post.

This card is entered into the Just Rite Friday Challenge

Just Rite Stamps - Vintage Violette Stamp Set
                             Lace Background Stamp
Ice Blue Chalk Ink
Stampendous - Seafoam Embossing Powder
Versamark Embossing Ink
Anna Griffin Papers
Offray Satin Ribbon
Happy2Scrap Pearls
Dollar Store Pearl Flowers
3M Foam Tape





9 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous card!!!!!! feminine and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is so soft and gorgeous!! Love the elegant design! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a classy card. Really pretty. Thanks for the tip about earrings at the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant in that pretty powder blue with the white embossing. Lacy background is beautiful.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow WoW and Wow ! I love your cards, especially the pretty blue violet inspired creation. You are a very clever lady aren't you ! Gorgeous ! It is so nice to have 5 minutes to myself and blog hop and see what everybody else in the world is up to. So nice to visit your beautiful blog xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning. I love the white heat embossing on the soft blue papers. Such an elegant look....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I also love that you re-used earrings on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and pretty! Love the heat embossing and it really sets off that lace background! Thanks for joining us again at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete