Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 14, 2013

Grungy Chic Tag

     I wanted to try something new with a tag today.  Yes, I know I love tags and make lots of them, but this is my first attempt at something like this.  I went for that grungy, shabby chic look.  I have seen tags made from cardboard before so since I had a lot of boxes around the house, I decided to try and use a bit of one to make the tag.

     First I cut off a piece of cardboard and then began slowly trying to pull it apart.  I wasn't having to much success.  Then my baby girl came over and showed me a real easy way to remove a layer using a pencil, she learned it in her art class.

     I knew I wanted to use the cardboard in a tag and I knew I wanted to try and created something for the Just Rite Friday Challenge and figured, what the hey, why not combine the two.  This is the happy result.



     I used bits and pieces of so many different things, this tag is full of details.  The large piece of lace in the background is a leftover from a skirt my daughter made.  The purple ribbon was cut down from a Christmas ribbon, the purple mesh is cut from some mesh that was on a floral bouquet that Johnny Luv gave me a couple years ago.  (Can I just say how awesome he is.  How many men do you know that insist on keeping fresh flowers on the counter in the kitchen for their wives?  My Johnny Luv always, always has flowers for me.)  Their are old buttons, prima flowers, sticky rhinestones, pieces of wool string and new bits of flower filigree ribbon from the dollar bin at Michael's.  I used one of my very favorite stamps for the central image and added lots of tiny purple rhinestones to it.  I also colored a crystal clear stickpin purple to match the ribbons.  (I'm always making them the color I want with my trusty sharpies.)

     This is the first time I have turned a card sketch into a tag.  I think I will be trying that idea out more often in the future.  Now, I just  have to figure out what to do with this tag.  I need a gift of some type to attach it to.  I'll have to think about that one.

    This tag is definitely be entered into the Just Rite Friday Challenge Here

Just Rite Violette Vintage Stamp Set
Recollections Rhinestones
Oriental Trtading Buttons
Dollar Store Organdy Ribbon
Everything else from Stash

6 comments:

  1. This tag is so pretty! The buttons are a cute touch too. And I must say your husband sounds like a keeper! It's so sweet of him to keep fresh flowers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! So pretty. The purple is just beautiful, and love the cardboard base with all your frilly embellishments...

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is really stunning!! Gorgeous colors! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...This tag is stunning. You took this challenge to a whole other level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING!! Love the delicate stamps with the grunge tag - great combo!! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete