Blogger Layouts

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Mermaid Mama

     When I saw this Mermaid mother and child stamp at Sweet Pea Stamps, I just knew I had to have it.  I collect mermaid stamps and this one was so different since it had a merchild with its mother.  I really liked coloring this stamp too.   For inspiration, I went through some of my paper pads till I saw a paper I liked and then colored up my mermaids to match.



     I used one of my favorite embellishments for mermaids, clear dewdrops.  I like the way they appear to be water droplets on the card.  I also like to use them to outline my diecuts.

     This card is going to a local shopkeeper in close by little village.  The name of the shop is the Purple Pickle.  Isn't that just a perfectly fun name?  My family has been shopping their for years for Christmas presents and we have become friends of the owner.  I wanted to create a thank you card for this charming lady  using either fairy or mermaid images because she really loves them and sells lots of fantasy items in her store.   By the way, she has no idea I'm mentioning her shop in my blog.

     Tip for the Day:   Purchase your dewdrops in the wedding section of Michael's if you use a 40% coupon it's only a couple of dollars for a huge bag of thousands of clear dewdrops that can be left as is or colored with sharpies to match different design papers or projects.

Sweet Pea Stamps - May Carnation
K&Co Design Papers
Michael's Dew Drops
Spellbinders Splendid Circles Die
Prisma pencils an OMS
Copic Markers
White Sharpie Fine Paint Pen
3 M Foam tape


6 comments:

  1. WOW!! Really gorgeous design!! Love the coloring you've done!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! love the colors & patterns together!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mermaid card. The orange and pinks blue and purple looks a great choice for this mermaid card. Also I love the gemstones in the circle,it could be drops of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mermaid and merchild stamp. Beautiful colors and coloring.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete