Blogger Layouts

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Vintage Queen of Hearts

     It's time to unveil the monthly sketch from Bombshell Stamps and boy is it a spiffy one this time.  It has just what I like, lots of layers.  Our design team leader, Kathi, has a wonderful sense of design.  I don't know how she comes up with such great sketches over and over.

     Don't forget you can join in with the Bombshells for a chance to win a Bombshell stamp set of your choice simply by creating a Bombshell card using this sketch and linking up on our blog and on the Bombshell Forum.  It's as easy as that.  If that is not enough for you, you can have a third chance to win when our Prize Patrol starts looking for new Bombshell cards for this month.  If you are using the Splitcoast Stampers Gallery, please use the key word Bombshell Stamps.


For my card this month, I used the new to me Bombshell stamp set, With All My Heart.    I wanted to try something totally different and decided to give this classic image a retro/vintage feel using some aqua and pink papers.  Of course, being the Sparkly Engineer, I had to add lots of bling in the shape of sticky rhinestones and some new goosebumps rhinestone hearts.  I love these new type of rhinestones, they have a wonderful twinkle.


As you can see I did a little pit of paper tole with my heart image.  From this photo, you cannot really get the feel of the heart but it has a lovely rounded dimension and the swag really seems to swag.   I added loads of faux stitching as well.  Someday, I will have enough space to keep my sewing machine out all the time.  I am of the opinion that actually sewing these cards would be much easier than the poke, poke, technique.  

These beautiful papers were left overs from when I made my 50th birthday invitations.  I really love the colors and would love to paint my office/craftroom with these colors.  

Bombshell With All My Heart Stamp Set
Happy 2 Scrap rhinestones and Goosebump hearts
Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder
Sharpie Fine White Paint Marker
BoBunny Papers

3 comments:

  1. Oh my totally love that card...hugs anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful color choices, and how you rounded the heart is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this card ,I fell imeedeatly in love with it. The pink,the blue, all the fauwx stichting ( actually i prefer the faux ,unlike you I think it is easier to poke,poke,poke ;) ) I think this is a very very romantic card: BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete