Blogger Layouts

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Act Justly

     I recently joined a group on Splitcoast Stampers that is making a scripture card or page each month and memorizing that scripture passage.   I decided I would make a 12 month journal of my scriptures and use the Graphic 45 monthly papers for each scripture.  Each page will consist of a 6 x 6 page decorated on the front with the scripture on the back.

      Today's scripture page is actually for January.  I used a scripture from Our Daily Bread Scripture 2 collection, Micah 6:8  to me it seemed like the perfect scripture to begin the year.

     Here's the front of the page with the title month.



     Here's the scripture passage.  I thought it would be fun to stamp it on the postcard included on the papers.
    I mounted bits of the paper on cardboard and then distressed them.  These pages are very layered. All the sides are  inked with Tim Holtz distress inks and some have Stickles around the edges as well.  I had lots of fun adding snowflake embellishments and rhinestones to both sides of the pages.

Our Daily Bread Designs Scriptures Two Stamp Set
Graphic 45 Design Paper
Tim Holtz Distress INk
Recollections bling
Spellbinders Snowflake Shapabilities
Stickles
Lace from Stash

6 comments:

  1. The page is lovely. You used my favourite quotation. I want it read at my burial. Not to be morbid but I find it so meaningful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea. Love the page and the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne, This is lovely and what a grand idea. Nice to look back on throughout the year. Has a real vintage feel to it too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this it is absolutely beautiful and the verse is perfect. What an awesome job and a wonderful idea. Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal page is beautiful, can't wait to see the other pages you create :) You also have a beautiful blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love it! Your journal is absolutely gorgeous and to put your scripture on the back is a fabulous idea! I can't wait to see it progress as the year goes on!

    ReplyDelete