Blogger Layouts

Friday, February 22, 2013

Daffadowndilly


     It is almost that most wonderful time of year when spring comes peeking through
 the snow and daffadowndillies grow.


                                            Daffadowndilly by A.A. Milne


She wore her yellow sun-bonnet, 
She wore her greenest gown; 
She turned to the south wind 
And curtsied up and down. 
She turned to the sunlight 
And shook her yellow head, 
And whispered to her neighbour: 
"Winter is dead."

     I just couldn't resist this daffodil stamp set when I saw it.  
Daffodils always bring to mind spring and the start of new life,
babies, ducklings, bunnies and Easter so what better stamp 
than a daffodil for one of my Easter cards for this year.

     I knew as soon as I saw this stamp that I wanted to
center it inside of a intricate pretty frame and use something 
green to go with it.  After several hours of dithering, flipping 
through piles of paper, moving shapes about and just 
pondering.  I came up with this.



      I knew that I really wanted to feature this flower and
decided that I would use the paper tole technique to make 
it really special.


      It required quite a bit of meticulous cutting and gluing 
of itty bitty pieces but I'm really pleased with the finished 
creation.  I also decided to use the same technique on the 
bitty butterfly.  

      After layering all the cream I added a multitude of 
adhesive backed pearls.  I have always been fond of 
pearls and wear lots of them (mostly fake but not all) 
when ever and how ever I can.  By the way doesn't the 
corner flourish really work with the frames.  They are 
from two different companies but just look super together.

     I also decided that this card had to look as good on 
the inside as the outside.  I mean, if your going to put that 
much work into the outside of the card why scrimp on the 
inside?




     I used the same fern paper and die cuts from the outside 
and added the daffodil behind the sentiment to tie the card 
together.  The butterflies are from two different stamp sets.  
The little butterflies are cut out from aflutter (isn't that a 
great collective noun) of butterflies on another stamp set.  
All together, I used four different stamp sets to get the right 
look for this card.  The flower, two butterfly sets, and a fourth
 set for the sentiment.

     I am thinking that this card will go to my little sister.  She 
has a "thing" about counting the layers on a card.  Apparently, 
the more layers on the card means the more I love her.  

This card has been entered into the Our Daily Bread Easter 
Challenge ODBDSLC143 Here

Our Daily Bread Stamps:
     Easter Blessings
     Happy Easter
     Butterfly
     Faith
Stazon Ink 
Queen and Co. Adhesive Pearls
Spellbinders Splendid Rectangles
Cheery Lynn Lace Corners
Stickles - Orange 
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Lots of 3M foam tape

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is over the top gorgeous!!! I LOVE your tole work! I know how much fussy cutting that took and Just so you know... it was soooo worth it!!! Stunning and I can't wait for spring this year! I'm ready for all the winter illness to be over, and for the spring flowers to peek out from the cool ground! Thanks for the reminder that it's just around the corner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is absolutely fabulous!!!! I sooo love how you layered the flower and what gorgeous diecuts!!!! The inside looks fantastic, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a STUNNING card all that work but worth it because its fabulous,the inside is gorgeous too, thanks for sharing and your inspiration. Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ~ truly a work of art! Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mary Anne!! I just love the dimension and the layering of your daffodil as well as your framing. Gorgeous Easter card!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unbelievably beautiful. I'm so glad you won the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary Anne, WOW, a lot of details and it shows. All that fussy cutting paid off and I love all the beautiful dies. The inside is so pretty you could turn it inside out.....a reversible card!!!! Just lovely, and I loved the poem too, come on Spring...hurry up!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely card, nice details with the 3-d cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is really stunning with all of those fabulous layers!!! Gorgeous colors too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is beyond beautiful. Of course, I love all of the dimensional layers, and your gorgeous coloring on the daffodil and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Daffodil card, it is sooo beautiful. Your sister is going to adore it. Anything home made that is made with so much love should be kept forever ! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much detail on this beautiful card. Daffodils are my fav flower, I have hundreds bloom in my yard in April and may. Thanks for stopping by my space!

    ReplyDelete