Blogger Layouts

Monday, February 11, 2013

Marine Send Off

     I know I have been MIA for a little while, but it was for a good cause.  My niece has enlisted in the Marines and leaves in a week.  She asked me to make invitations for the send off and I have been putting in 16 hour days trying to get them done in time.

     Now there was a tricky bit to these invites; my niece wanted them to be girly, glittery, and pink and my sister wanted them to be military and more formal.

     I think I came up with a perfect compromise.  I created a gate fold card using a pink marine symbol on a central band and painted glitter on to each piece of camouflage.  Instead of a more traditional red piping, I used the same pink to mat the card.

      The interior has the invitation printed in the same shade of pink on vellum over a cream cardstock and again I added the glittered camouflage.


      These invites turned out to be very work intensive what with all the layers and the painting each piece of camo with glitter glaze.  Also the Marine symbol was matted twice and the brown mat was traced from the Spellbinders die and then hand cut so that it would be the correct size.  This project was definitely worth the work though.  This is a very special young lady and she is starting her life following a very honorable family tradition.

1 comment: