Blogger Layouts

Monday, February 18, 2013

Spirit of Love

     My February Scripture page for my 2013 Scripture Journal is completed.  I am now two for two.  I hope I can keep up with this project and not allow it to be side tracked.  It is a project I am doing just for myself.  I usually don't do things that are just for me.  I make cards for specific people, or holidays, invitations on request, projects for the kids or family, but I have never made a paper project that is just for me.  This one is it and I am really enjoying choosing the scripture for each month and creating a journal page to go with it.

     I used the February papers from the Graphic 45 calendar line.  I have to tell you, I just love the papers for this month.  I also used another Our Daily Bread Designs stamp.  It is one I discovered when I was making cards for a special soldier and his Nana (you know who you are).  It has become one of my favorite scriptures and seemed perfect for February, the month of Love.


     I have always like making valentine cards ever since I was a child so this month's journal page was especially fun.  I went through my box of red embellishments and just started adding red hearts and bling, as well as a few roses.

     I think I have mentioned before that I have organized my supplies by color and holiday.  That made it really easy to embellish this page.  I love my red drawers, red is one of my very favorite colors and just rummaging through red, red and more red is just plain fun.

This project has been entered into the creative belli challenge here

Graphic 45 Calendar Pages
Our Daily Bread Scripture Collection 2 Stamps
Recollections Red hearts and rhinestones
Dollar Store red glass heart table top scatters
red ribbon dollar bin ribbon roses
home made polymer red roses
Stickles
Dollar store heart doilies
Tiny Dollar store heart stickers

7 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your creative talent. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER!! This is really amazing! I love the Vintage romance feel of it!! STUNNING! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so so beautiful. Wow girl, you are something else.. Can I come and take lessons from you :) hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo this is awesome. I am in love with that Graphic 45 paper too and have not succumbed to the temptation to buy it yet. Your pages are so pretty and just embellished to perfection. A treat for the eyes.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal page is sooo pretty...I love all the vintage pictures and you have embellished them to perfection!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red is such a fun, bold colour and I have to agree with you I like organizing colours too. Red goes with so many colours and always impresses. You are very clever, I love your work

    ReplyDelete