Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Mice

Forget the Easter Rabbit, here comes the Easter Mouse.  I think this is just the cutest image.  I love the trailing mouse picking up the falling jellybeans.


      I went full out spring/Easter for the colors and design of this card. Well Rats, I just realized I could have used an Easter Egg diecut for this image, but I think that the octagon was a good choice too.  I like the opportunity to use lots of pearls. Pearls are always good.  I must have 15 strings of "pearls" in my jewelry and don't even know how many I have in my embellishment boxes.  They are one of my favorite embellishments for myself and my cards.

     The edge is bordered with one of my all time favorite Martha Stewart around the page punches, the pansies.  This is another of my favorite things.  I cannot wait to get some planted around the house.  I may even add a few to teacups inside the house this year.

     As you can tell, I kind of rambling this morning.  My mind is bouncing all over.  I actually stopped in the middle of this post to make muffins, but realized I didn't have any softened butter.  I stopped to play with my puppies, I stopped to look for the chocolate bunny mold.  I am totally not focused at all.  I think it must be because my Johnny Luv is on the road with my baby girl checking out colleges this week.  They are going to a college in Kansas City, Drake and University of Minnesota.  Baby girl wants to do medical research on genes and definitely has the intellect for it.

  OK rambling is over, see you tomorrow.

BTW this card is entered into the House Mouse Monday Challenge #HMFMC141 Here

House Mouse Rubber Stamp
Paper from my stash
Pearls - Queen and Company
Martha Stewart Around the Page Punch - Pansies
Spellbinders Octagons and Scalloped Octagons
Cheery Lynn Lacey Corner Dies
Dollar Store Ribbon
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Stickles Ice (on the jellybeans)
Lavender Sharpie


15 comments:

  1. OMG! Send it to me! hehe. I love LOVE this!! Love the colors and all the decorative details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, love that image, and your card is magnificent as usual. love it to pieces. Hugs, Cathy k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving a comment at Delights of the Heart. Love seeing your artwork/cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a cute card. Lucky little guy is getting some candy. Beautiful background papers, and love your pearls!! Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, Mary Anne!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Anne, I was awarded the Liebster Award and wanted to pass it on to you. The award is on my blog because I can't post to your blog. Go there and then just pick 5 blogs that are under 200 followers and I will send you the outline in an e-mail so you can cut and paste it to your blog . Love you bunches hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous love the PATP edging the soft colours and of course your wonderful image, thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cuts and colors and coloring. Fab design with this adorable HM image. Than ks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends MC. Good Luck and please join us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Dear, I love your Easter eggs falling too cute..Now the card, the layout is fabulous,gorgeous corner pieces,lovely colors, and your coloring is awesome. I love your fussy cutting.. Just a brilliant card, have a fun loving weekend and thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a rockstar!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did go all out and it shows beautifully. I think the octagon is great for this image. Pearls are always a great embellishment. The falling eggs on your blog are just precious. Good job with all and I wish you a happy Easter and you little one good luck with school hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want to hear something funny? When I saw this card on your blog, I thought, "Oh, I wish this were mine.".....and, now it is! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take the Easter Mouse any day :) What a perfectly cute card! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in on my challenge. It's so much fun to see all the beautiful creations. And I love your blog with the raining Easter eggs! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary Anne beautiful created HM Easter card love the fresh colour combo & design..

    Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends Easter chall.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely Easter card, Mary Anne, beautiful colours and a super sweet image,
    thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.Hope you'll join us for the new challenge starting today.
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete