Blogger Layouts

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lavender Tea

     This is something I whipped up for a friend on a tea list I belong to.  I seldom use any shade of purple but this graphic 45 design paper was just to tempting.

     I used a beautiful doily frame from Cheery Lynn to frame my focal image.  I did embellish it some with some lovely ivory roses and punched butterflies.  I was going to just pop my favorite violet filled teacup on the lavender ribbon but it just didn't feel right.  I decided to add the small oval so that the image would be more prominent.

     Here's a close up of the framed image.  I adore these soft feminine cards.  They make me feel pretty myself.


   So tomorrow, I'll tuck a little tea sample inside and send it off to brighten a birthday.  I know I would be plum tickled to get this in my mail.

     This card has been entered into the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Here

Our Daily Bread Designs Teacup
Graphic 45 Secret Garden Paper
Cheery Lynn Oval Sails Die
Recollections Paper Roses
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Stickles
3 M Foam Tape
Prisma Pencils and OMS

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card you;ve made, the oval frame a with the flowers and butterfly's is perfect.Then the cut out is gorgeous, I know your friend will be thrilled, I would, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Mary Anne!! Such a stunning card!! I just love the fancy oval frame with all the texture, your lavender, and your coloring of the tea cup of flowers!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. That die cut really compliments the image. I love tea themed cards and scrap book pages so am over-the-moon for your beautiful card.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is just gorgeous! I love everything on this stunner! Congratulations! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful framing of your lovely flowers, Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning!!! This is just one of the most beautiful frames I've ever seen... and I love how you colored this image.... one of my many favorites! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete