Blogger Layouts

Monday, March 11, 2013

Mother's Graduation

I have a stack of pictures of my mother that she gave me just before she passed away.  She told me a little about them and I printed it on the back to be journaled about at another time.  I started scrapbooking her just a little while ago and began with one of her wedding pictures.  Today, I have half a layout completed for her graduation.  I began it a part of a color challenge for Just Rite stamps but wasn't able to finish in time since I had a stack of invitations to complete in a timely manner.

Mother was the first graduating class of her high school, Mercy High School in University City, Mo.  which is a suburb of St. Louis.  I have a second photo of her in her graduation outfit that is almost a twin for this photo that I will use for the other half of this layout just as soon as time permits.
For this layout, I created the design paper myself as well as the flower, lace, and title embellishments and paper punched edging and corners.  The background started as a pale yellow and then I stamped an alphabet background using grey and then distressed it with more grey and yellow using a direct to paper method over the stamping.

The lace piece across the page is die cut from pale gray paper.  I used a bit of wax paper so that the paper would release from the die cut and liked the wax paper so much that I again used a direct to paper method of stamping it yellow to match my layout and gathered it with a bit of glue dot.

     This is the first time I have used flowers on a layout and this bouquet was created using die cuts, rhinestones, corsage pins and a pearl swirl.  I also added a tiny bee just for fun.  All the flowers were distressed with either yellow or gray ink.

  The corners of the paper were embellished with a beautiful lace corner die and yellow resin roses.


For mother's picture I decided to mat it with pale gray and use a darker charcol gray to create the frame from a lovely rose around the page border punch.  I used bits of flowers from the floral spray and resin roses to match the corners to tie everything together.  I found the wonderful white sticker that runs down the photo in a clearance aisle and just couldn't resist using it too. I loved the way the gray and white of the photo followed the yellow and gray theme of this layout and I'm am anxious to see it finished. 

                                        

The title of this layout was created using a Just Rite Christmas stamp I stamped 7 times on the three colors of paper I used and then cut out and layered using foam tape.  Again I used flowers, corsage pins and rhinestones to tie everything together.

Using my card making and stamping skills to create layouts has turned out to be quite fun and I think I am going to be doing much more scrapbooking in the future.

Just Rite Stamps - Christmas labels, Alphabet Background


3 comments:

  1. This layout is a winner, I'm a background girl:):) so love it when others design there own backgrounds, look at all the work you did here but well worth it, a perfect layout for a perfect picture. Thanks for sharing all this creativity with us. Have a great day.. Your very lucky to have those pics what a treasure, I'll be looking forward to more of your more..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderfully vintage looking with the color combination and flowers and lace. I am particularly taken with the fact that you used the wax paper. I don't think I will throw mine away anymore as that was a wonderful idea to ink and use. I love it!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page so full of gorgeous papers, colors, and details!! I especially love the flowers...they are sooo pretty and the picture of your Mother is a real treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete