Blogger Layouts

Friday, April 12, 2013

All Things Beautiful


     Today's card is something a little different for me.  It's a shaped card.  I usually make large rectangular or 6" square cards.  Square cards are my absolute favorite, I don't know why, they just are. Our Daily Bread Designs is having a shaped card challenge and I wanted to give it a try.

    For this card, I began with the Cheery Lynn doily and created a background shape for that.  I think it really makes the doily standout.  I knew I wanted something springy and butterflies were it.  I used a set of butterfly dies from Spellbinders that just do not get enough use.  I have a few more ideas for them in the future.  The butterfly was made of two different sizes and I hand cut a body to go with it.  The smallest butterfly from this nesting set is by the sentiment.

     I love this sentiment and think it's awesome with the butterflies, in fact so does Our Daily Bread since it comes with a butterfly stamp.



     Since butterflies go with flowers I decided to add some paper roses that I bought on clearance a while back.  I also added a vine flourish and some fern leaves. I decided to keep the entire thing in a pastel color scheme so that it would follow my spring theme.

     I used another Our Daily Bread Sentiment from the same set for the inside sentiment and repeated the color scheme.  For me, this is a very simple interior.


     As you  know by now, I have entered this card into the Our Daily Bread Weekly Challenge ODBDSLC149 found here


Our Daily Bread Designs Faith Stamp Set
Spellbinder's Nested Butterflies and Labels 4
Cheery Lynn Larege Sunflower Doily and Fancy Flourish Vine
Martha Stewart Fern Punch
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Prima and Recollections Paper Flowers
Pink Sharpie Pen
White Sharpie Paint Pen



15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, absolutely Amazing Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love all the different elements, the color, the sentiments, and especially the butterflies. What a treat it was to see!

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on the ODBD blog and couldn't resist a closer look. Your card is a dream and your blog a wonderful find. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just amazingly beautiful. The layers are so enchanting. What a spectacular job you did on this one!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I just love all the dimension and texture with all those pastels!! Gorgeous job on making a shaped card!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty...Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card and all that I browsed through are likely the most gorgeous I have ever seen, bar none. It is an easy comment for me to make! I am going to look for an email link to subscribe by and if I can't find one, you will be getting another comment from me asking you to pleeeez put one on your blog. i must get your cards to pleasure my morning with my latte. they are absolutely beyond anything i've ever seen. i used to do cards and design, wayyyyy back in my blog, now mixed media; i appreciate beauty and baby - you got it. also, your profile into is absolutely hilarious!!! i love your humour!!! {heart} lovies, samara

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey! i even saw my tea on your sidebar...how cool is that!!! and my "new" teapot. lol hugs, rev. dr. samara (samara to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used the shape of the doily, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete