Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Elegant Condolences.


My Johnny Luv asked me to make a condolence card for a friend at work, who lost his wife to cancer Monday.  Whenever I am asked to make a condolence card I always get in a dizzy, what if I say the wrong thing, what if it's to dark, what if it's to light, what if, what if, what if....

As I mentioned in my previous post, I wasn't sure how to proceed with this card so last night I prayed on it and this morning I woke up remember when my first husband, my beloved Robert died.  I received many cards and I did appreciate them sort of.   I was so lost in the dark when he passed,  I grieved for sooo many years.  But what I remember most is that people cared about Robert and that gave me comfort and the most important card I received was from a woman who was always making do and making ends meet.  She had used the back of another card to pen in her elegant hand a verse from the psalms.  I still have that bit of paper today and it still gives me comfort.  I keep it in my recipe box and so I see it all the time, I read it, think of my beloved Robert with love and say a prayer for this kind .  With this little push from the Holy Spirit, I decided that whatever I created would be enough.

So since this card is for a man, I didn't ad my usual 57,000 embellishments.  I kept it simple and to the point and tried to incorporate messages of love into it.


The inside of the card, which I forgot to photograph in my rush to get it delivered was a scripture verse, Romans 8:28     "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."  This is one of a number of lovely scriptures that Our Daily Bread Designs produces.  Johnny and I chose this one together especially for his friend.  I hope that this card brings him a little comfort.  I emphasize so much with those who loose a spouse way too soon.  (as if there is ever enough time).

Stamps Northwoods Rubber Stamps
Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 1
Spellbinders Elegant Rectangles
Making Memories Black & White 6x6 pad dp
Versafine black ink
Adirondack Sunshine Yellow Ink
Offray Satin Ribbon
Recollections yellow trim and resin flower

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and perfect in every way.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise can help to avoid menopause weight gain and reduce other risks
    including osteoporosis, heart disease, and arthritis. The reason this is important is
    because you will have a stronger knowledge base and bag
    of tricks to keep you going on the rougher days. Having
    some company can also make the fitness session more fun.


    Also visit my page - http://community.thepoethouse.com/profile/tracy0472

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and very appropriate. Love the colors and the verse and sentiment are both perfect. Gorgeousw papers and I love the die cut! I'm sure he really appreciates it.

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete