Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Elegant Spring

     I am in a Spring swap on one of my lists and Just Rite stamps was having a spring card challenge so I created this card to fit the challenge and swap.   I was having a bit of a problem deciding what I wanted to do but, as I was going to sleep last night inspiration struck so I started working on my card as soon as I could this afternoon.  Let me tell you, I'm cutting it close on the challenge, 23 minutes, but I did it.

     I started with some plain white cardstock and then spritzed it with Stamp Zia's beautiful jewel tone spray inks.  After that dried, I spritzed it again with Tattered Angels White Pearlized Spray.  It just sparkles every which way now.  Once the paper was dry, I embossed it with my Just Rite Vintage Alphabet background stamp in gold embossing powder.  I also embossed a medallion from the Botanical Medallions set and a lovely wild rose.  Everything was backed with white dry embossed paper using a cherry blossom pattern to keep with the spring flower theme and then matted with gold.

I always like a little bit of ribbon and bling so on that went and then I cut a butterfly off the end of a stick pen, painted it gold and added it for my last embellishment.



This card has been entered into the Just Rite Stamps Friday Challenge #JRC#093 Here

Just Rite Stamps - Vintage Alphabet Background and Botanical Medallions and Banners
Stamp Zia - Spray Ink
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Recollections Bling
Dritz Stick Pin
EP Embossing Powder

10 comments:

  1. So rich and elegant! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it sweetie, I can't compete with that, that is for sure , your work is amazing. Hugs,CAthyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sparkly card! Beautiful! Love the colors and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee u tea ful!!!!!!!!:)

    Karen a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the colors and the ribbon.

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep. this is definitely elegant! so nice that you stopped by. have a great day!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, your gold touches really set it off, especially the ribbon. Rich beautiful colors and papers, so very elegant.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had to come see the card -- it's beautiful!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete