Blogger Layouts

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy Unbirthday


     I don't know about you but I LOVE birthdays.  I have actually scheduled a second birthday for myself every year.  I have been doing this since I was about 19.  My second birthday is March Fourth, I love the sound of that.  Since I have been about 41 I have called it my unbirthday because that way I never age.  I decided at that time (41) that I would tell everyone I was 62 and looked darn good for my age.  Well I'm now ** but I'm still claiming 62 and I still think I look good for my age.  If you ask my kids my age they will tell you I'm 62 also.  OK the point of this sparkly moment was that today I have created an unbirthday card for an unbirthday card swap.  I am totally loving the entire idea of the swap.  The object of the swap was to create a birthday card with an unbirthday sentiment.  My sentiment didn't photograph well - but it's inside the card and computer generated.  The outside came out much better.

    Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention this was another House Mouse swap.  This is another stamp that my Johnny Luv bought for me several years ago at a Stamp Convention.  Have I mentioned that he should be a professional enabler?  I think this is one of my favorite birthday mouse stamps.  I like to make it as a shaker card or do it with lots of layers.  This time I only did two layers of the image and used a bone folder on the back to give it dimension.  I used some paper that I purchased at Tuesday Mornings for only $3.00 for 25 sheets - awesome deal, I use it to make cards for OWH a lot.  This time I picked up the colors from the design paper and used it to color the party hat and confetti and to make the little pennants. I thought of using the dp in the pennants but it was just to hard to decipher from the background.  When I made the pennants with the card stock I thought they were just too, two dimensional so I added a little dotted Swiss embossing and that perked them right up and matched the dotted Swiss behind the image.  I also added texture to the design paper by embossing it with swirls.  I think a card can never have to much texture and layers.

     Here's a close up of the little mousies - aren't they too cute.  I darkened their eyes with black sharpie and then used my white Sharpie paint pen to give them a little gleam.  I think it gives them that something just a little special.  I also like to add blush to their cheeks and pink bellybuttons.

   Hope my swap partner enjoys this card at least half as much as I did making it.

Stampabilities - House Mouse -Surprise Party
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Provocraft - Dotted Swiss and Elegant Swirls embossing folders
Generic Card Stock from Michael's
Design Paper - Unknown
Spellbinder's Nested Pennants and Scalloped Pennants
3M Foam Tape
Sharpie White Paint Pen and Black Fine Tip Marker

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that the cutest thing! I love the card --- and the idea of an unbirthday.

    My mother was a kindergarten teacher. She told her students she was 100 years old (joking) and they believed her. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling. It's so bright and happy and full of cheer. Your swap partner is going to love it. Just beautiful.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling...love love love the bright colors and the great use of your embossing folders too! Wonderfully bright banners too! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooooove It! You are amazing...and should be in magazines! I feel like I could reach out and hold those little mice in my hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!!! Love all the bright colors and the banner. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving comments. hugs

    ReplyDelete