Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Shabby Chic Tag

     I found some wonderful paper this weekend and bought a sheet to make some ATC's for WOYWW's upcoming ATC swap and decided to make a tag out of it as well.  Now that the tag is finished, you can't really see the wonderful paper.  I kind of filled up the tag....a lot.   It's actually mint green and white glossy chevrons.  You can see a hint of it down the center of the tag, but just a hint.

   
I used two Just Rite stamps to create the medallion in the center of the tag and used it to frame a lovely pale pink ribbon rose.  I used the music note paper from the package the tiny mushrooms came in to set it off as well as a bit of scalloped graph paper that was also in the package, nothing like up-cycling.  The pearls came from some Christmas garland that I napped on clearance.  The butterflies are from an punch as is the border down the down the center of the tag.  The paper roses are from the dollar bin at Michael's and the organza ribbon is from the dollar store.  Have I mentioned that I love a bargain?

This tag is based on a sketch from Just Rite stamps bi-weekly challenge, Here.  I think you can still see the sketch in it even if it is very embellished.

Stamps - Just Rite - Lace Medallion Labels
                               Kaleidoscope Medallions Set
Martha Stewart Border Punches
EK success butterfly punch
Recollections - Paper Flowers
Pearl Garland, Mushroom's, Music Note Paper - ?
Heidi Swaps - Color Pop design paper

7 comments:

  1. Your tag looks so sweet! The mushrooms are too cute...what a neat idea!

    I would love to have that on my desk at work. It would bring a ray of sunshine indoors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is just beautiful. I love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever take on the sketch! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty of a tag -- LOVE the coral and mint color scheme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty tag love all the embellishments.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just loving the tiny mushrooms mixed with the purls <3

    ReplyDelete