Blogger Layouts

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring Shower

     My Johnny Luv, the great enabler, love of my life and fireworks fanatic, has purchased the House Mouse stamp of the month for me for the last 5 years.  This month's stamp is particularly adorable and I couldn't wait to ink it up.  I created this card for a "Keep It Simple" swap on my House Mouse list.  Now as you all know that is a difficult challenge for me.  I love layers, and layers and layers and fussy cutting, but I think I mostly managed to meet the criteria.


     I stamped and colored with my favorite Prisma Pencils and OMS then added some Stickles to the raindrops and bubbles.  I purchased some really cute acrylic bubble embellishments recently just for this card.( I unfortunately don't remember where and who makes them but they are definitely fun.)  I added a couple of white layers as matting and ta-da all finished - Sweet - Simple - Fun.  I call this card Spring Shower,  I just couldn't resist the pun.

Stampabilities - House Mouse - Good Clean Fun
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Stickles - Ice
Stazon Black Ink
Bubbles ?

10 comments:

  1. Awww-now that is just precious. I love the texture of the water-how cool is that.
    Bear hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that CAS card...the layers you used are very effective too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the depth on the water a gorgeous card, thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how much I love seeing your creations. God surely blessed you with an artistic eye. Your cards ALWAYS make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Mary Anne :-) the image is adorable,, this is the first time I am seeing it ! soooo cute :-) all the bubbles and sparkle are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a fabulous take on the water and what gorgeous layers! Crisp and lovely House-Mouse creation. Lovin' the new image. Thanks for playing along with us at HMFMC. Good Luck to you and please come join the Mousey fun again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Anne, this is just too cute! Love the water, looks so......WET! Cute stamp. Beautifully colored too. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Mary Anne, I love your CAS style and beautifully coloured of the adorable image and stunning of the bubbles and water!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with House Mouse & Friends challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your CAS card with this new super cute image- lucky you!
    Fab colouring and the water looks great.

    Thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge,and I hope to see you tomorrow for a new challenge.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how realistic you made the bubels look.

    This reminds me of when I was in Nicaragua and the rainy seasons started all of a sudden one night. We where up in the mountains in a jungle clinic with out water and we all just grabbed our shampoo and washed our hair on the porch in the rain. :P

    ReplyDelete