Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dress Form Gift Set

     I am so excited to be able to bring you my first project as a design team member for Cutting Cafe.  This week, we were asked to create a project using our favorite files.  Well, OK, impossible request; there are just too many wonderful cutting files and digi files to choose from.  I just kind of had to make a list and stick pins in it to come up with this weeks project.  I ended up using three different cutting files for this, the butterfly shaped card, the dress form shaped card, and  the pillow box.  

  
     Can you believe, the entire project started with a paper mache dress form I picked up at Michael's?  I actually picked it up without any project in mind.  It was just a good deal and I stashed it for later.  Well, as I was browsing through Cutting Cafe, I saw their darling dress form shaped card file and decided I would do a project with the form and the card, next I decided that I needed wings so I used the butterfly shaped card to create my wings on both pieces of the project.



     while I was looking for a charm to add to them I came across the metal butterfly and a playing piece and there went the barrette.


  Of course since I now had a barrette, I needed a gift box and the Cutting Cafe's cute little pillow box filled the bill perfectly.



      I knew that I wanted to decoupage my dress form and that my design paper would be to thick so I went into my napkin stash.  (I happen to have a fairly large stash, I love pretty napkins and use them to pack my baby girl's lunch and for my daily tea as well as crafting.)   I loved the way the napkin looked on the dress but I wanted to ruffle the bottom so I was going to have to make a waist band, I looked around for what to use and there was a lovely roll of Washi tape just begging to be used.  I really liked the contrast between the floral and the tape so I added some to the hems of the skirt tiers which had the added benefit of giving them more body.  The Washi tap was also added to the wings.  The entire dress form is mounted to a glass candle stick which has a decoupaged bottom to match the dress with some pearl embellishments.  After all, what kind of fancy dress would it be without pearls?


     I haven't decided where this little gift set is going yet.  But I'm hoping to think of someone who will appreciate it.  My son thinks I should keep it for myself, but I do love to share my creations.

Cutting Cafe Dress Form Shpaed CardButterfly Shaped CardPillow Box
Punch Studio Napkins
Recollections Washi Tape and Pearls
Dollar Store Candle Stick
Michael's Dollar Bin Dress Form
Apple Crate Acrylic Cream Paint
Modge Podge
Recollections Paper Roses
Seam Binding
Recollections Metal Butterfly
Prima Paper Flowers
Rumikins Game Piece
E6000 Glue
Black Fine Tip Sharpie




15 comments:

  1. oh my oh my oh my this is totally fabulous...one of a kind AWESOMENESS....welcome again to the team....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- I love your project! You did an amazing job. Welcome to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Girl this is a fabulous set!!! I have that set and was already thinking about making a set for my studio, and a matching paper mache dress form is the perfect match!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic. I love these and will be lifting this idea for my desk at work. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW !!!! awesome work girl :)
    thrilled to have you on the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my... all of these are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTICAL!!!!! My jaw is still on my desk as I type this. This is incredible how your project all came together. You truly married all these elements together perfectly and I loved reading every step you took to make this precious gift set. Absolutely gorgeous work :) Welcome aboard the Cutting Cafe team and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dress - from a napkin!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a awesome set..It reminds me of a fashion show:) Love the colors and all the details..Great to be designing with you:) Krista

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is stunning!! Such a beautiful set!! So happy to be on the DT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just awesome! Welcome to the team! I look forward to seeing what other greatness you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work! I'm not sure which part I love most. The floral paper and washi tape are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you give a mouse a cookie.. I mean craft supplys :P

    ReplyDelete