Blogger Layouts

Monday, May 13, 2013

Shabby Chic Garland

     I had so much fun playing with the dress form cutting file from Cutting Cafe the other day that it inspired me to try one more project.  It came out even better than I imagined.  I love it when that happens.  It does kind of remind me of a paper doll chain.



    I used three different embossing folders for my dress forms, my two favorites, Dotted Swiss and Elegant Swirls and a new folder that looks like a sewing pattern that I thought would be appropriate for the dress form.  Everything was distressed with some Old Paper distress ink.   Each of the dress forms has a different set of embellishments.




    It was fun choosing the embellishments.  I just opened my white/cream embellishments drawer and went to down, so to speak.  I added white eyelets to the corners of each dress form to give them more body when I threaded the tulle through them.  Between the forms I added a tulle bow and then a pearlized resin earring that I purchased from a dollar jewelry store.  I couldn't just stop there so I added a second garland of pearls draped between each dress form.

     I'm thinking this is going to the sewing instructor at my daughter's high school.  I think it's just the thing for the end of the year.

Cutting Cafe - Dress Form Shaped Card
Cuttlebug  Dotted Swiss and Elegant Swirls Embossing Folder
Sizzix Pattern Piece Embossing Folder
Recollections Pearls
Queen and Company Pearls and Rhinestones
Prima Flowers
Assorted Stash Embellishments




11 comments:

  1. Mary Anne, I love these, How awesome, and you are amazing with all the things you come up with. Great garland Sweetie, hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat garland. It is perfect for a sewing room. I have a sewing room :) (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a fabulous garland.......love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in fact pleased to glance at this webpage posts which includes lots of useful information, thanks for providing these
    information.

    My website :: insurance For cars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this post is good, my younger sister is analyzing these things, thus I am going to inform her.



    Here is my webpage - care Home Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else could I am getting that kind of information written in such a
    perfect method? I've a venture that I am just now operating on, and I've been on the glance out for such info.


    Also visit my blog post; kid-korner.Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time visit at here and i am truly impressed
    to read everthing at alone place.

    Take a look at my web page - Http://Www.Marriageencounterdavao.Com/Mesocial/Blogs/User/NGXTanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dress form...it reminds me of your profile pic...gorgeous!
    Here is my link for the week - a biblical challenge for me...
    http://samaranavi.blogspot.ca/2013/05/house-selling.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This garland is so pretty and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is DARLING!!! I'm going to have to ask Regina for this file sometime :) Hope you are having a wonderful week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally in love with this project!!! So pretty. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete