Blogger Layouts

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Classic Car and Classy Lady

     Today's post is a scrapbook page I made of my first Mother-in-Law, Lorraine Harmon.  This picture is actually from before she was married when she was just dating her future husband.  In fact the car in the picture belongs to him.



     This layout actually started life as a father's day card.  I was using the classic car file from Cutting Cafe and had just finished piecing my car when I set it on top of the background paper you see.  That's when I knew it had to be a layout and I knew just the picture I had to use.  Isn't this picture great?  It's one of my favorite pictures of my mother-in-law.    I just started adding embellishments that matched the car to the layout and you can see the final result.

    Here's a close up of the car.    I simply love this classic car file there is so much you can do with it.  In fact if you would like to see it used in a variety of different and outstanding ways, pop on over to the Cutting Cafe Blog and check out all the glorious inspiration.


     Another thing I like about this layout is Lorraine's name at the bottom of the layout.  It's her actual handwriting.  How cool is that?

Cutting Cafe - Classic Car File
Graphic 45 Design Paper
Queen and Company Bling
My Favorite Things Rolled Rose Dies - three sizes
EK Success Corner Punch
Cheery Lynn Doily Die
Spellbinders Fanciful Flourish Die
Recollections Flower Bling
Distress Ink  Soot and Mahogany
Buttons from Stash
3 M Foam Tape
   

4 comments:

  1. Great layout. Isn't it funny how things take on a life of their own and change into something else. Love the cars - the picture and the designed one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this truly is one of a kind..........love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful transformation from card to beautiful layout! The picture is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout and yes, she was definitely a classy lady - I've always been enamored with this era - the clothes, the cars, the homes... Great layout. And I absolutely love Opal Ann and Pearl Estelle - I know they are a lot of company for you. Take Care, Dru

    ReplyDelete