Blogger Layouts

Friday, June 28, 2013

Strawberry Gift Set

     Today I wanted to share with you the cutest little strawberry gift set.  This is another project using a cutting file from the Cutting Cafe.  Miss Regina, owner of the Cutting Cafe, has a great way of imagining projects and then making templates that you can either cut by hand or use on an electronic cutting machine.  I usually use my Cricut machine to cut these files but this time, I wanted to hand cut my project so that you can see that a machine just isn't necessary to create some of these fun projects.

     Since it's getting to be strawberry time of year again, we all made projects using one of several different files, the Strawberry shaped card, Strawberry Basket, or Berry Sweet Greetings Printable Set.  You can see examples of these on the Cutting Cafe Blog.

   For my project today, I used the Strawberry basket and the Strawberry shaped card.


     Because I cannot do two things the same way twice, both sides of my basket are just a little different.


     And because I'm me, I cannot help but embellish every side.  I just picked up the butterflies at Joann's on clearance and thought it was the perfect finish for my basket.


     I filled my basket with hard strawberry candies and paper shreds.  I was going to put them into a cellophane bag first but it just didn't look right to me so I just popped them straight into my basket.  However, you can fill this fun little basket with any number of strawberry related items, say real strawberries or how about some chocolate covered strawberries or maybe some strawberry votive candles, see the possibilities are endless.

     Of course I always feel that when you give a gift it needs a card so I added the Strawberry shaped card and to personalize it, I used an extra strawberry from the basket template.



  By the way, all the stitching on this project is faux.  I just punched holes with my handy dandy piercing tool and then connected the holes with a fine tipped black pen.  Even up close it looks like real stitching.  Thought those of you who love the stitched look on cards but either cannot get to your sewing machine like me or do not sew would like to know.

     So that's it for today's project, it only needs to be delivered once I am feeling more the thing.  I think my friend will find it a nice surprise on her door knob when she gets home from work.

Cutting Cafe Strawberry Basket and Strawberry Shaped Card
DCWV Paper Pad
Prima Flowers
EK Success Butterfly
Queen and Co. Bling
Offray Organza Ribbon
Fine Tip Sharpie


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And so creative! I love the strawberry look and how you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable basket and card. very clever adding that other strawberry to the front of the card. love that touch. i am also impressed with your faux stitching. i thought it was machine sewn. :)
    take care!

    ReplyDelete