Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Butterflies Are Free

  It's Cutting Cafe day again and I  have the cutest, frou-frou project today.  I haven't made anything this girly in a bit and can I just say, these colors are Really way out of my usual color range.  That being said, I Love this project file and I am going to use it often.  It's the prettiest butterfly treat box I've ever seen and it's loads of fun to decorate and who doesn't love butterflies.  The matching  butterfly shaped card has actually already made a debut on my blog on another project, the winged dress form.



    The treat box is open work with a pretty handle I punched with my butterfly border punch.  I added a pretty bow to the handle with matching flowers. (Guess, I really should have done a side pic, hind sight and all that.)
I'll be adding a pretty votive candle to my basket for a butterfly loving friend.



   The butterfly shaped card file, is one of my favorite SVG files and I find that it gets used often in different projects.  I  think it is perfect for this pretty basket.  I used several butterflies from the treat box to layer my card and this time I used my scissors to curl the antenna before gluing them to the body of my butterfly. Oh, by the way, this butterfly treat box also comes as single large butterfly treat box file if you would prefer a shorter box.  



     I added a little extra color to the inside of my card as well.


     If you like this project, you will love seeing the rabble of butterflies (I had to look up what a bunch of butterflies was called) created by the rest of the very talented Cutting Cafe Design Team Here on the Cutting Cafe Blog.

Cutting Cafe Butterfly Shaped Card File
Cutting Cafe Butterfly Shaped Treat Box
EK Success Design Paper Pad
Bazzill Cardstock
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swirls
Distress Inks - Marmaldade and Raspberry
Prima Large Rose
Recollections Small Roses
Sentiment and Seam Binding from Stash

7 comments:

  1. mary ann, this is pure gorgeous.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterflies and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful work. love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! They are just fantastic in every way.

    ReplyDelete