Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Butterfly Message

     I fell in love with a line of design paper at work and decided that I HAD to have it and make a card or three or four.  I also found a new stamp (to add to my dragon horde of stamps).  It was begging to be used with this paper and I just cannot refuse a begging stamp.

     I actually stamped on the design paper for this card.  Actually I stamped three times on the same paper to layer my image and added an extra layer of cream for my butterfly, which is colored with Prisma Pencil.  I also added Black Diamond Stickles to the wings for some shimmer.  Don't you just love that name, Black Diamond, it makes me happy every time I use it.


     As you can see I finally gave in to the burlap craze that has swept the craft world.  I did go for a bleached burlap though as I think the natural was to dark for this card.  I also like the way the burlap looks with the silk ribbon, kind of a nice play of opposites and the pearls just emphasize that feeling.

     I used my new from the clearance section Spellbinders Postage Nestabilities to mat my envelope, seemed like a match made in heaven to me.  Of course, I had to add a little more sparkle so I outlined the center of the postage with more Stickles this time an old fashioned platinum color, which is one of my favorites.

     All of my lighter papers were of course edged with some lovely distress ink to give them a finished look and the black papers were edged with a black sharpie.  I think it's the little touches like that which make a card look polished.

     The final mat has my favorite faux stitching technique.  Since I don't have room for a sewing machine in my craft space, I use this technique quite a bit.
 
      I think this is going to be the first card I teach in a class at For Keepsakes, I'm going to ask a few friends for their opinions first.  I'd love to hear yours to, so please leave me a comment.  Thanks.

Stamp - Impresssion Obsession - Butterfly Envelope
Paper - Kaiser Craft - On This Day Collection
Stickles - Black Diamond and Platinum
Generic Black Gel Pen
Queen & Co. Adhesive Pearls
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Stazon Black Ink
Tim Holtz Spruce Distress Ink
Bleached Burlap - Joann's




   

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Mary Anne! I think your class is going to LOVE it!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides being absolutely magnificent what do you need me to say LOL. And you know me and butterflies LOL. It is plain tremendous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful creation you've made. Love the layers...and the small details you think of are what makes your work so special. If I were anywhere nearby, I'd be the first to sign up for your class. Good luck. I'm sure your students will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So shabby, so chic! I can't believe I missed this card on your craft desk and I live with you :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the burlap and pearls together.

    This would be a great card for a class.

    ReplyDelete