Blogger Layouts

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Darling Dresser

     Time for another Cutting Cafe Inspiration project and today's is a project I've been waiting to create.  Miss Regina created the most darling little 3 drawer dresser box and I knew just what I wanted to do.  OK I had a general idea of what I wanted and then played with it until it looked the way I had envisioned.



         For this cute Dresser Box, I covered some cream card stock with text from an old book and then distressed all the edges.

      The top of the box was lots of fun to decorate.  I just went through my "white/cream" drawers and started adding whatever bits and pieces tickled my fancy including an old chess piece and a tiny bird's nest.



     This project took a little more time than I usually spend on a gift box but it was very simple to do.  I believe even a beginner can use the templates from the Cutting Cafe and end up with a really spiffy project.
If you would like some more inspiration, I invite to visit the Cutting Cafe Blog where my fellow design team members have created some truly gorgeous projects.

Cutting Cafe - Dresser Box
Bazzil Vanilla Card Stock
Text Pages from old book
Roses and Bird Nest - Recollections
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen
Beacon 3 in 1 Glue
Embellishments - Stash

5 comments:

  1. this is the most darling box ever....so love this...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your dresser box! It is so dainty and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This truely shabalicious!! I don't think I could part with it as a gift box if I were you. Beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete