Blogger Layouts

Friday, July 26, 2013

Dreams of the East

    I have something totally different for you today.  It something bright and beautiful and, of course, sparkly.
I used Great Impressions H174 Peacock to create this peek into India.



     I began by stamping my peacock onto acrylic with Stazon and then added glitter to the back in layers to get all the colors and detail.  Can I just say I sparkle, my children sparkle, my dogs sparkly, the computer mouse now has glitter permanently embedded into it and my husband who wasn't even home now glitters.

   I cut out my image and mounted it onto a a scalloped oval die cut and then went to down with some Indian themed paper.  I used old Christmas paper for the gold matting.  I love metallic wrapping paper, you can get lots of bang for your buck.

      I usually choose an image that has less detail for this technique but this beautiful peacock just tempting me passed all will power.

Stamps - Great Impressions H174 Peacock
DCWV - India Design Paper Pad
Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones
Martha Stewart Glitter
Gold Wrapping Paper
Acrylic sheet
Black Stazon Ink

4 comments:

  1. Now that is some sparkly goodness right there!!! Your colors are amazing. How fun and fabulous this is!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous sparkly peacock! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Mary Ann. Love the right colouring and sparkly touches.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a week later and I think the pants I ad on that day are permanently glittery even after being washed :P

    ReplyDelete