Blogger Layouts

Monday, July 22, 2013

Just Rite for Christmas

     I know your rolling your eyes at today's title, but I just cannot resist a pun.  I made this card for a challenge at Just Rite for a Christmas in July challenge.  I have had this card or something like it in my mind for a while so this was the perfect opportunity to give it a try.  It's a little different from my usual because I colored it all with Copics.  I wanted a nice dark, rich color for this card and they delivered.  It also has absolutely no shading which is something else different for me.  It's just straight coloring which was kind of fun for a change.  It actually started life as white card stock.  You cannot tell very well since the lace mat covers most of it, but the pale green background is actually the Vintage Alphabet Soup background stamp.

   

  As you can see, or maybe you can't this time, I have layered and popped all the individual bits again.  That's one of the things I really love about these stamps is the ability to really get into a lot of layers.  The only embellishments I used are a few adhesive rhinestones to give it just a little sparkle and a finished look.

     As I mentioned this card is being entered into the JustRite Friday Challenge #101, Christmas in July

Stamps - JustRite Vintage Alphabet Soup
                             Lace Background Stamp
                            Christmas Vintage Labels One
Embellishments - Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones
Copic Markers
White Sharpie Fine Tip Paint Pen


4 comments:

  1. nice layering and so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a festive and lovely card, Mary Anne! The background stamp you used is my favorite from JustRite...and you really showed it off on your card!

    Have a great day!

    PS...love your Blog Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Christmas card, lovely layering and I LOVE your pun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing. What beautiful textures on this. It's really exquisite!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete