Blogger Layouts

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Muslin Bird Cage

     Here is the final card for my class at For Keepsakes.  For this card, I tried something new, stamping on fabric.


      I continued using the same collection of papers for this card and again brought in the bleached burlap, but this time I have added some lace and stamped the image on some bleached muslin using Stazon ink.  I backed the fabric with white card stock to give it body.

    The lovely bow is from a wonderful nylon ribbon that looks and feels like silk and I used a reproduction button for its center.  I balanced the bow with a lovely stick pin and added a cute little acrylic bird.  To add  some more color and pick up the pink from the bow I added pink rhinestones to a stripe of panel and a single smaller rhinestone to the birdcage.

     I am particularly pleased the way the image stamped so easily onto the muslin so I will be working more with the technique in the future.

Papers - Kaiser Craft
Rhinestones - Recollections
Stamp - Basic Gray
Stazon Black Ink
Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Maya Roads Hat Pin


3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome , now I am really impressed. Love it hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love that bow. So perfect looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and I love the bling and the bow is a nice creative finishing touch.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete